Steering Column Slip Joint

Twin_diesels

Twin Diesels
Reaction score
Hey there everyone,

Well, I'm stuck right now. I need to fix the steering on my pickup (90 F250 4x4, 5 speed, Standard Cab, Long box). I have replaced everything from the ball joints to the Steering box. I've been told that there is a steering column slip joint that I need to replace. I have called around and the parts warehouses cant get it, and the call to the dealership is that this part is no longer made.

Any thoughts or help???

Thanks.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
to get the slip joint you need to buy the whole shaft the goes between the steering box and column.they are still made.i just bought one for my truck last month.i believe ford calls it the lower steering column shaft.i have the reciept in one of the trucks if you need the part number for it.it was like $130.00

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wrecking yard only.
nice part is any f-series will be the same. 80-91 pickup is a dead match.92-97 can be used in a pinch.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
towcat said:
wrecking yard only.
nice part is any f-series will be the same. 80-91 pickup is a dead match.92-97 can be used in a pinch.

oops forgot they changed them in 92.my part number wont be any good to you.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
94f450sd said:
oops forgot they changed them in 92.my part number wont be any good to you.
i've been finding out my parts hoard is pretty much obsolete with my '92 too :puke: I do like the truck tho. :D

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i got plenty of parts for mine.got 3 parts trucks for 92-97 trucks ;Sweet

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
I think flaming river (dont know website) makes new ones for most any truck. They have real u-joints and slip yokes in them. Its a nice piece.
Ken

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Borgeson makes direct replacement steering shafts for these model trucks that have real u-joints and enough slip-shaft to allow for body lifts.

www.borgeson.com

Price is not too bad, either.

Twin_diesels

Twin Diesels
Reaction score
Well, I managed to find at the stealership the replacement shaft/slip joint. I wanted to make sure it fit the truck before I said I had it. Got it as a Christmas Present from my parents, LOL. Anyways, the part number is
E8TZ 3B676A
Thats the part number right off the box, and it fits and works great. It was $140. I appreciate the help, I'll be getting one of the other ones off the internet for the "nice Truck" i'm putting together.