starter question

trugertha1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hi all.. i was having a start problem turned out to be the ignition switch. now when i turn the key no start just clunk. took starter out this morning, hooked it up on the bench seems to move? is there any other tests i can do, to see if this starter is shot??? certain amount of voltage or something thanx?

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot of times when you take them out and hook 12volts to them they will seem find until you take all the time of putting it back in there, only to try and start it and nothing, then you learned that you wasted your time and you get to take it out and put another one in there. A local gen repair shop should be able to test it and fix it for you. Depending on what kind of starter you have now, you can get much better ones to make it start a lot faster. I got a Nippo-Denso and it spins over really fast and starts up quicker than my 6.0L, even when freezing cold outside. Some people really love the mitsubishi starter but the one I have seemed a lot easier to install than the mitsibishi one that I took out.

trugertha1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i cleaned it up and its a bosch (rebuilt) ill have it testet asap, also where did you get your nippo-denso starter?

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine from DB electrical, they have one listed on ebay right now as well.
Here

They have the best price I have found, I can't even buy these for that price through my own business, I think I looked it up one time and the same starter fits a case loader or something like that.