SRW to DRW

Joe Mc

Reaction score
For some time now I have wanted to dually wheels on my SRW because I like the way they look but I didn't need the extra tires. But now I may need to haul a 12,000 lbs trailer a few thousand miles. What would I need to change to install duals?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I really don't know where to start by stating "you need this changed first" but this is the very least you may be able to get away with. First you need at least 4 wheels but you should have 7. Then you need the rear adapters but really you need to change the complete differancial because the dually is wider. Now the bed needs to be changed or at least you could buy the fenders and then cut out the openings but you will need to do some bending of the original bed fender walls so the dually fenders have something to fasten to. Then you will need the front spacers for the dually rims that will be mounted up front. Otherwise you will be running 2 differant rims and need to have 2 spare wheels and tires. The fuel tank fill lines are necessary but if you find a dually bed just maybe they are already part of the deal. So, Do you really want to change it now..... P.S. You will really need 2 extra tires and wheels because right now you only have 1 spare and need 2 because your running differant wheels up front and back.

hugeredford

snow drift buster
Reaction score
I just did mine today bed will come tommorow but I just put in a dually axle I got for really cheap. I would definitly change axles if i were you. but I had to put in wheel spacers to run my 35"s as far as front hubs on 2wd:dunno

Attachments

• duwilly 001.jpg
    duwilly 001.jpg
    632.3 KB · Views: 30
  • duwilly 003.jpg
    duwilly 003.jpg
    590.3 KB · Views: 23

Joe Mc

Reaction score
Since I like the way the dually rims look on both the front and rear, I will change all of them and only need the 1 spare.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Yes they come with the kit, It is a nice complete kit! I had to modify them some, and that was probably the hardest part of the conversion, but it went together nicely.