Squeaky suspension, can I spray oil on it ?

Moretorque

Dunce
Reaction score
My truck kinda squeaks and I was noticing the leaf springs and front coils were like rusty looking.

I am trying to figure the best way to quiet the truck speaks down. Thanks for solutions.

jay_t

Reaction score
Fluid Film. I have used it on Jeeps and Rangers. For both rust prevention and bushing and suspension squeaks.

Moretorque

Dunce
Reaction score
Thanks, I don't think it is the bushings. I had 2 different people look this truck over and they all said it was good n tight. I got really lucky when I bought my truck. Who ever was the primary owner really babied it. The guy I bought it from only used it a dozen or so times to pull his boat.

I dumped and changed the rear end fluid today and it was like perfectly clear not dirty at all. This truck has been well taken care of. Now I get to tear it up. LOL

PackRat239

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it has been used to launch a boat, it has been in salt water. Check the rear springs and shackles. Also inspect your rear brakes and hardware.

pennsylvaniabo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine makes a bonk sound when the front suspension flexes or on a really bumpy lane. Can't figure that out either other than it is perhaps the add-a-leaf in front, because all is tight.

Moretorque

Dunce
Reaction score
Fluid Film. I have used it on Jeeps and Rangers. For both rust prevention and bushing and suspension squeaks.

Thanks for the great info, how far will a gallon go and do you have to pressure wash the bottom of rig for best results?

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine makes a bonk sound when the front suspension flexes or on a really bumpy lane. Can't figure that out either other than it is perhaps the add-a-leaf in front, because all is tight.

Check your drop bracket mounts. I had a similar noise, ended up being one of the mounts had broken 2 bolts and elongated the other 2 :eek:. It was only held on by 1 bolt. When I turned the wheel that whole side of the suspension would shift about an inch. :eek:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It never hurts to hit those bushings with penetrating oil of some kind. The bolt that goes through them often seizes up in them from lack of lubrication regardless of them being the cause of your noise or not.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7