Spare Tire Holder

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
What did OBS trucks come with from the factory from the spare tire? My truck did not come with a spare so mine has been sitting in the bed for a year and a half.

Under the rear tank.

I'm waiting for Darrin to chime in, he has a similar mount to the one you linked to, Brad.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going try and mount a spare tire calbe winch from a 1999 superduty under my rear gastank and hopefully mount the spare their like on the new trucks. I'm planning to make a framework that bolts to my receiver hitch and then hold the winch. I'm not sure about the height though. It might be just too low mounted under the fuel tank. We'll have to see how it works.

I really like the rear bumper mounted tires also though.

MotleyCrueCab

Registered Abuser
Reaction score
I'm planing on doing something similar to what dirtleg did, except to lower the mount into the bed (basically make an inverted wheel well for the spare). In my long bed I have enough room to mount a 12.5 x 37 so it will be inside the bed, flush with the top of the bed, and not stick below the frame.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I'm planing on doing something similar to what dirtleg did, except to lower the mount into the bed (basically make an inverted wheel well for the spare). In my long bed I have enough room to mount a 12.5 x 37 so it will be inside the bed, flush with the top of the bed, and not stick below the frame.

Pics when you do please;Sweet

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you end up solving your spare tire dilemma?

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to figure out my solution before April when my truck goes into service in my landscaping business.

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
...probably "to-do" We probably all have one of those lineups, or maybe its just me and im too busy scraping knuckles to realize that nobody else does?? LOL