Spare Tire Holder

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Here is what I made for mine. I sized it for a 315-75/16 tire. It works well enough. Minimal loss of bed space and it's not loose/moving around.

It doesn't interfere with the gooseneck at all. I know it's not for everyone but it's been working for me. Hope this helps you with your decision.

I like it!. I just wonder if a 315 will fit like that in my short bed?

I have a tonno cover in my F350 CCLB so that wouldnt work like that

My 86 i have side mounted tool boxes so maybe on the front of the bed.

has anyone mounted anything like the OLD camper specials had, up in the bed side?

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
brad i seen that done but it was with a stock tire an offroad tire would need inner bed cut out
also fleet can you post pics because if that mount and hitch arnt sturdy enough you can get washboarding effect out of it or have it fall off

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
brad i seen that done but it was with a stock tire an offroad tire would need inner bed cut out
also fleet can you post pics because if that mount and hitch arnt sturdy enough you can get washboarding effect out of it or have it fall off

Fordfleet

Reaction score
This mount has been on my Powerstroke for several years now. I have had no issues of any kind with it. The receiver hitch is a commercial unit. I built the mount out of pieces I had laying around.

It is as solid now as when I built it. No problems with engine temperature either.

I plan to make one for my IDI soon. I'll not use a hitch extension next time so as to have more flexibility in mounting height.

Oh yeah, the tire cover is a military surplus field pack cover. Works great.

Attachments

• tire mount.JPG
    tire mount.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 75

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you know i may build one for mine up front now easier access and if you have been ok with that mine will be fine i tend to use 1/4 inch and thicker stuff for almost all fabwork

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
I like it being on the back but if my tire is going on the back its gonna be mounted on a custom rear bumper as i use my hitch quite often.

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
Here is what I made for mine. I sized it for a 315-75/16 tire. It works well enough. Minimal loss of bed space and it's not loose/moving around.
You must be registered for see images attach

Here you can see it in place.

It doesn't interfere with the gooseneck at all. I know it's not for everyone but it's been working for me. Hope this helps you with your decision.

I wouldn't bother making one of those for my bed, all I would have to do is run a tie down strap through the bed rail and around the tire.

matt-jenkins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did OBS trucks come with from the factory from the spare tire? My truck did not come with a spare so mine has been sitting in the bed for a year and a half.

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
Mine takes up space in the bed unless I have my camper on. If that's the case I put it (255/85) on the roof....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online