Cup holders

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This little digression on spills helps us to understand the importance of cupholders.
Yes, it's very important that we consider our cupholders. One way to gauge their importance is to observe the longevity of this thread. Another way is to realize that someone, according to @Danielle , has taken it upon themselves to "3D print" cupholders........yes, these are the times we live in....

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, it's very important that we consider our cupholders. One way to gauge their importance is to observe the longevity of this thread. Another way is to realize that someone, according to @Danielle , has taken it upon themselves to "3D print" cupholders........yes, these are the times we live in....
It’s also a welcome distraction from the times we live in.

I’m seriously considering those inserts that were shown earlier in the thread, though. The molded cup holders on the 80s era center console never seem to hold anything properly.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing...start out with a plastic crate and a ratchet strap and improvise from there...roof holders...
So in the 80s when I was a kid we went on a lot of job sites with my dad in his cargo Econoline van.

Our seats were milk crates held down by those black rubber bungee cords (you know, the ones that snap when they're dry rotted and leave you with a bleeding bruise that lasts for MONTHS! haha)

We had a bread truck as a family truck for a while that had lawn chairs bungeed to the walls for a while also hahaha

And to think my kids' car seats were checked by the state police for proper install. (I don't mind that, for the record)

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing...start out with a plastic crate and a ratchet strap and improvise from there...roof holders...
I built a shelf on top of my truck's headache rack that extends over the roof of the cab. I then welded mounts and brackets to it and bolted a small (ranger) truck toolbox to it to hold all my gear, chainsaw, chaps, maul, parts, tools, etc etc. Works pretty good but it would be alot of weight for a standard pickup bed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7