Someone should get this!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would get it but I don't have a trailer and have nowhere to let it sit.

Does anybody know if its a fact that dmv lets vehicles out of the system after 7 years? I have heard of such a thing for dirtbikes but didn't think they would let that go for vehicles.

Also I hate to say it but I have had way too many experiences with straight up liars when trying to buy when it comes to the title situation.

And how do you "scrap" one of these trucks exactly?
kali dmv does not erase and start all over after 7 years. I have lein packets where DMV has record for 30 years. their goal is to 1) get as much $$$ in for this broke-ass state to spend, 2) get older polluting vehicles off the road.
now rumour does have it that DMV is freezing the penalties at the 3 year mark but I have yet to see it in print nor does this go along with their first two goals.cookoocookoocookoo

depending on the DMV counterperson, you could get salvage title without paying the penalties depending on their mood of the day.

how do I "scrap" a truck? usually everything gets stripped off it and there is a bare cab and a bare frame left for the mill to take.

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the past you could take it to another state such as nevada to wipe the fees. You bring it up and get the vin inspected. Then get it titled in another name. You bring the title to your local dmv in 3-6 months with a current moving permit then reggies can be wiped. People used to wash their reggies away with a title change and bring right back into kali. DMV in kali caught on and now want a waiting period. Best to find someone with current knowledge of this process. The reality is there's probably more work to this than it's worth.

DragRag

Reaction score
It's worth it in the long run on this one, after all it's $500. There is more then one way to skin a feline as they say. It will either get titled clean no back reg, or I will part it. I am in no hurry though, and really don't want it parted out if I can help it. And yes, 7 years it's not out of the system as much as I wish that were true. Nevada title will do it though, I've had one with Cali back reg on the computer that I actually bought in Nevada, and they cleared it without issue.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just got the call from DR. the pics are of the "good side". the right side was quite a bit rougher and the interior is falling apart like most OBS interiors in this area.-cuss-cuss
if he parts it I might get the sheetmetal from him. I'm working a factory TD truck deal where a tree fell on the cab.:eek:
if the frame made it, I just might rebody the truck and make it a runner.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just got the call from DR. the pics are of the "good side". the right side was quite a bit rougher and the interior is falling apart like most OBS interiors in this area.-cuss-cuss
if he parts it I might get the sheetmetal from him. I'm working a factory TD truck deal where a tree fell on the cab.:eek:
if the frame made it, I just might rebody the truck and make it a runner.
If he parts it and you (or he) haven't already spoken for the front clip, what shape's the right front fender in? The hood and left fender look to be in good shape :dunno

DragRag

Reaction score
I am parting it out, right front fender is shot, and so is the door. I have a truck with manual doors though that are excellent. I am parting this truck for sure.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am parting it out, right front fender is shot, and so is the door. I have a truck with manual doors though that are excellent. I am parting this truck for sure.
If they're not spoken for already, I'm still interested in the rest of the front clip (left fender, hood, cowl, grille, core support, etc), or any portions thereof that aren't spoken for if some parts are gone...let me know ;Sweet

DragRag

Reaction score
If they're not spoken for already, I'm still interested in the rest of the front clip (left fender, hood, cowl, grille, core support, etc), or any portions thereof that aren't spoken for if some parts are gone...let me know ;Sweet

All the parts are there, and not spoken for at this time. If you want them, come on down to Hollister, and get to work getting the part off of it! If you need the cab Cal let me know. I will post some pics when I get some free time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob123456789

Members online