Someone go get it!!!

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score

A friend of mine used to own this truck. I might go check it out tomorrow.

That thing is pretty rough, has half a million miles on it, 4th transmission and second engine. It is a ZF5, but wasn’t originally.

If I buy it I’ll probably just use it as a ranch truck, depending on how much more dilapidated it is now than it was when my buddy sold it.

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw a 88 F350 crew cab dually with a flat bed, a ZF5, and a 093 on Facebook Marketplace. It's in Council Grove, KS and I think that Kansas IDI should buy that one.

My buddy used to own that truck! I want to go buy it, but it has always had transmission problems. It is a ZF5, like it’s 3rd or 4th one… but I have transmissions laying around, maybe something could be made to work. Only 2WD though…

It’s this same truck, was mentioned in the thread titled, ‘Somebody better buy this truck’

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
An 86 F250 6.9, single cab, 4wd, manual transmission, for $2000 in Richfield UT:

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seats look like they have been redone in Vinal,
originals were probably in some type cloth.
54K miles and needed redone?

Maybe sun damage or?

Goat

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bit more of a project. Body looks solid, the seat - not so much. And some serious fuckery appears to be happening with the wiring harness.

https://www.purplewave.com/auction/...&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsavedsearch

You must be registered for see images attach
No!!! Don’t! Don’t show me more F-Super Dutys! I love mine so much that I would buy another… whoda thunk it… they can handle interstate speeds alright, wrapped out at 84 with 5.13 gears. But I guess that’s fast enough…

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like that one has the standard spring package… don’t sit up near as high, 2 or 3 leafs in front, and 8 in the back, per side.

That’s PLENTY

Mine has the heavy spring package, 6 per side in front, and 20 per side in back. Ouch…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel

Members online