Somebody is gonna punch me.

Drzronnie

Reaction score
I believe I have a bad injector or two on my 93 Ford and I was wondering where to buy them. I have seen people talking about this before and I have been searching the forums for info but for some reason I am striking out. I also wonder if a upgrade is worth it so maybe I can ask that and not get punched. I don't intend on racing the truck or anything like that I just use it for work and it could use some more power if I can get it without sacrificing reliability. So if somebody could steer a diesel newb in the right direction of what to buy and where to buy it I would appreciate it much.

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
Russ, type4, sells flow matched injectors and return line kits for something around 300 USD if I remember correctly. Mel, agnem, sells the moose misters for right around 1000 but without a turbo they're too much.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Typ4 (RUSS) & agnem (MEL) both sell new Delphi BB code injectors. Any other codes are not as fuel wise nor do they make any more hp. Actually the turbo G codes make WORSE FUEL MILEAGE AND LESS HP. i know... I ran SEVERAL SETS OF THEM. Then I bought a set of BB injectors from Russ to replace the G turbo codes I was running.

Slade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure that you change them all when you do. If you don't it will run really bad because there popping at different pressures.

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think anyone here is gonna punch you for asking questions. Unless your brother is also a member here.

Drzronnie

Reaction score
I don't think anyone here is gonna punch you for asking questions. Unless your brother is also a member here.

Thats good to know. I sent a pm to typ4 asking about some injectors. I hope this fixes the cold start smoking. Drives me nuts and smells like a kerosene heater. Any extra power I could pick up would be nice too. I kinda miss my gas powered truck in the getting up hills department but the fuel mileage is great on this truck.

dmaxjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would also look into getting your timing checked. Alot of power can be lost with a tired ip. When it wears it retards timing.

Drzronnie

Reaction score
I gotta get a service manual for this motor. I have the tools and the know how to service Mercedes diesels but really don't know anything about this truck. I was figuring that I should buy whatever I need to set the timing on this truck. I might just stick a pump in it while I am doing the injectors, Its amazing that this truck is having these issues at 162k. I was a Penndot truck so I figured it would have been cared for properly most of its life and I know it never worked past 16:45:D

pafixitman

Reaction score
If it is the original pump, then it is due for a new one. Penndot works until 16:45? Heck, that is news to me!!! Mel (Agnem) is on the York / Lancaster border at the river. He can set the timing for you. You are in the best area for support. I used to live in Hanover.

Drzronnie

Reaction score
Do I install a new pump and injectors and tow it out to him to time or can I drive it. I have another truck and a trailer i can tow it on but it will kill me in fuel.

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After you put the pump and injectors on if you can start it then you can drive it. Since you've worked on mercedes you should have an idea regarding setting timing by ear. You probably won't have the timing perfect but then most of us on the board don't have our trucks set right either.

Drzronnie

Reaction score
Thats good. I can time a Mercedes pretty good without counting the drips so hopefully I can make this one good enough for a drive to a shop. Is there options on injection pumps or just get one from ford?