So what did you do with your truck today?

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well yesterday, I went up to Manhattan and worked on a friend’s 85 F250, 6.9 C6 4WD regular cab flatbed. Light tan, zero rust. Super clean truck. It is a non AC truck, and the radiator was bad. So we modified his core support to accept the regular radiator, since they are bigger and more readily available, and like 5x cheaper.

This afternoon after church, I might go back up there, to put the grille and bumper back on, plumb up the transmission cooler, build brackets for the cooler, replace the master cylinder and bleed the brakes. Then try and get it started.
Well…

Got everything done, runs super smooth

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stated to see the dash move when I pressed the clutch upon further investigation the firewall was already starting to crack
Put the plate in, a lot of beating and bending later best clutch feel ever had in this truck

Attachments

• IMG_2382.jpeg
    IMG_2382.jpeg
    371.3 KB · Views: 20

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Built a mount for my Iphone in the truck. The holes were already in the dash from a previous owner, so I modified one of those amazon kits but bolting the mounting ball to the plate. the swivel ball is usually a weak point on these things, so hopefully the bolt will reinforce things a bit.

Attachments

• IMG_2015.jpg
    IMG_2015.jpg
    326.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2016.jpg
    IMG_2016.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2017.jpg
    IMG_2017.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 9

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put the plate in,
On mine I wound up cutting the crease beside the three vertical bolts and then welding it back together to make it fit...lot more solid feel when I use the clutch...

Probably the best fix I have done on it beside the battery tray, rear axle bearings and seals, brakes all around and fixing a break in the dash metal that kept me from using the hood release cable...

Oh, yeah...fixing the tail lamp and trailer towing wiring so it is neat and covered with conduit...I could not believe the mess I found back there...took a while to get it figured out and straightened up...

Lots of time spent under the truck in the driveway....but it was worth it...

I would not have wanted it any other way...

FrozenMerc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I allowed more rusty junk to follow me home again....

Helped a friend dig his '49 GMC out of the woods, load it up, and drug it back home using my truck. Had new drive tires installed on friday, and that made a big difference when dragging an old Jimmy with 3 flats out of the weeds. Down side was I took the tailgate out when I was backing up to reposition the truck and gathered a telephone pole guide wire. Snapped the pole off about 10 ft above the ground (it was quite rotten), and thankfully it didn't land on the truck. Told the utility company that a fat squirrel brought it down....

Guess I will start looking around for a new tailgate. This one was starting to rust at the bottom anyways, so silver lining there.

You must be registered for see images attach

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I allowed more rusty junk to follow me home again....

Helped a friend dig his '49 GMC out of the woods, load it up, and drug it back home using my truck. Had new drive tires installed on friday, and that made a big difference when dragging an old Jimmy with 3 flats out of the weeds. Down side was I took the tailgate out when I was backing up to reposition the truck and gathered a telephone pole guide wire. Snapped the pole off about 10 ft above the ground (it was quite rotten), and thankfully it didn't land on the truck. Told the utility company that a fat squirrel brought it down....

Guess I will start looking around for a new tailgate. This one was starting to rust at the bottom anyways, so silver lining there.

you can add years to tail gate and door life / protect them from rust by simply dripping some motor oil inside the hole where the latch is located. the oil will find it's way into all of the pinch weld seams and dramatically reduce rust.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
After putting my spare vacuum pump on my truck, the power assist for the brakes works again so I felt comfortable enough to drive over and work on my garage addition some more. I got two walls put up and I feel that I kicked a little tail today on that project. Naturally it only wanted to take the last picture sideways and I was too tired to try very hard to change it.

Attachments

• 102_4329.JPG
    102_4329.JPG
    430.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 102_4331.JPG
    102_4331.JPG
    375 KB · Views: 12
  • 102_4332.JPG
    102_4332.JPG
    164.8 KB · Views: 12

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well nothing today as it is Turkey day, hope all had a great Thanksgiving....Burp...
It was cold and rainy off and on, so it`s great today weather wise it was messed up. Tomorrow and the coming week look great...

Tues I finally figured out what hacked89 was showing in his video how to get the rear Main Seal plate on.. I just wasn`t tipping it in at the bottom enough. I tipped in way in like I was going to shove it into the oil Pan opening, and the Seal Lip went over the Crank Flange, the worked up both sides to the top, and she went right on. Well took 3 tries and I won.
Did it dry to get the secret worked out, then threw on the paper gasket and Right Stuff.

Wed with help from my wife we got the Fly Wheel on and the pressure Plate mounted and torqued down.
New FW bolts from www.russrepair.com and new ARP Pressure Plate bolts.
FW 47 ft lbs
PP 25 ft lbs.

Starting Friday thru Mon, 50% off at PNP.
I have a vehicle picked out Iam going to R ape and Pillage.

Goat

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I want to make a bracket for a white Roger’s relay and then flip a glow plug wire loom backwards and mount it near the IP with isolators. Will post the finished product.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I want to make a bracket for a white Roger’s relay and then flip a glow plug wire loom backwards and mount it near the IP with isolators. Will post the finished product.
That sounds really good. Kinda like a Ford engine with the distributor at the FRONT of the engine! @XOLATEM will be wanting a break down of the steels atomic structure and he'll be wondering where the cupholder is on your bracket.

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not sure how the White Rodgers mounts, but the old factory style starter relay bolts almost perfectly in the holes for the van filter bracket on the intake. If I remember correctly I had to die grind the mounting holes in the relay a very slight bit.

Mine has been in this location un-isolated since shortly after I bought the truck. I don't honestly remember how long I have had the truck, i got it in '15 or '16 and still on the same relay.

James

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance