So what did you do with your truck today?

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

This isn't a very good picture, only one I could find on my phone that even had a shot of it.

Definitely not nearly as pretty as yours but the unused holes in the intake were too hard to pass up.

James

Last edited:

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Moved my truck, so my dad could pull his truck into the driveway. Swapped out the radiator for a 3 core aluminum one, and put in the heater core shutoff valve finally. Old radiator had a slow tank leak.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes the controller was mounted there, but what about the rest of the wiring? I seem to recall that the two long bolts in the IP gear housing had studs on top which held brackets that held the wire loom.
Got it, not sure from personal experience but that would make sense. I used those two stud holes to attach loom for something different

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Moved my truck, so my dad could pull his truck into the driveway. Swapped out the radiator for a 3 core aluminum one, and put in the heater core shutoff valve finally. Old radiator had a slow tank leak.
did you go aluminum with plastic top or full aluminum?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I just did a little late Black Friday shopping. Since I put a down payment on this 6-8 weeks ago, maybe I could say that I picked up my lay away? Either way, I drove to Nebraska and finished paying for it and brought it home. It's a 1981 ATC250R. Here's a couple of pictures so Jesus Freak can see how close or how far he was from the cigar.

Attachments

• 102_4339.JPG
    102_4339.JPG
    238.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 102_4340.JPG
    102_4340.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 13

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did a little late Black Friday shopping. Since I put a down payment on this 6-8 weeks ago, maybe I could say that I picked up my lay away? Either way, I drove to Nebraska and finished paying for it and brought it home. It's a 1981 ATC250R. Here's a couple of pictures so Jesus Freak can see how close or how far he was from the cigar.
Ha! Your comment was that "it ran on oil by design" so I was thinking "125 dirt bike", not a "250 3 wheeler". Looks cool though.

Not long before I was done at FedEx, I ended up down a dirt road I hadn't previously been down, which is strange because I thought I had been down them all. But there was an abandoned house with a Big Red 250 and 200?(it's the red,white, and blue cowling like on some of yours) just around in the yard, as well as a couple craftsman mowers. I didn't see anyone to ask about the property, but I have in my mind that if I'm ever back that way I'd like to look into them. I almost took pictures to post for you to see, but I was in a hurry that day.

I really don't know dirt bikes and ATVs, I had a Big Bear 400 awhile back that I got on a mower trade and it was too dang big and crazy powered for the stuff I remember when I was a teenager. I sold it because I preferred cash, but these modern 400, 650, 1000cc etc is crazy........in my humble but accurate opinion.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin