So what did you do with your truck today?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Didn`t really work.,,,Hmmm maybe some Acitone?
What you want to use is 3M Adhesive Remover. I know that it can be bought at a body shop supply store. Probably at an automotive paint store as well. That is if you want to picksome up now and not buy online and wait.
How did the NTHA ok these?
They weren't yellow when they were new. I do agree that it's a terrible design. That was just a beginning step to disposable vehicles. Just throw the plastic away and put new plastic back in it's place.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday and today been working on the new door panel for the drivers side.
Did the pass side last summer, found a good one at PNP, bought the Auto Paint and Adhesion Promoter to prep the plastic. Took the old panel to the paint Shop, they took a picture of the back side that wasn`t faded. Put it into a computer and come up with Aztec red. They mix it and put it into rattle cans.
Later I discovered the color is actually Canyon Red, but this red is close to the original.
Actually I thought it was P o r n o red...LOL.

I knew I had some new Coverlay Panels in my pile (or stash) of box`s of new ford parts piled on the shelves in the shop.
I had 2 new ones but in black bought back in 7/19. Think I was going to change the interior to black back then.

Maybe it a Bull Nose thing? Removed the metal shiny trim piece, b u g g e r working off the lil clip things, about 15 of them.
The new panel has lil indents to show where to drill the new holes with a 1/4". Of course some don`t line up. Looked at old panel and they are about 1/2" long for wiggle room, so adjusted holes.

Had a little paint left from last summers panel project, and decided to run down to Carson City for more paint, good 23 miles down there,
but my wife got to go to Joann`s Fabric.
Had them mix 3 rattle cans and one on the Adhesion promotor....$131.14.
The last can I bought was $15+, paint has shot up in price, thanks Joe.

Wiped the panel with wax & Grease remover to get and oils etc.. off the sand it with 400 wet/dry sand paper.
One light coat of Promoter, wait 5 min, then a heavy wet coat, wait 15 not more than 30. Then apply the paint. Good thing I picked up the new paint, old can did 2 light dustings and was kapute.

Got it all painted up pretty. Tomorrow get the shinny trim piece on and the insulation glued on the back side I got from Bronco Grave yard.

Since the panel was off the door, washed it up with soap and water, hosed out the inside.
Window was a bit stiff cranking it up and down. Greased up the crank mechanisim, and oiled the spindle for the crank handle.
Sprayed some silicone in the window channel.
Those are all new from a few years back. Now rolls up and down like butter.
Lubed the door latches both sides and they close easier.

Few weeks back had the bed off to fix my tank vent from my fast fill mod screw up.

I noticed around the rear tank fuel cap it was all wet with fuel, and starting to run out from around the lid.
Sprayed some of that dollar store product Awsome, around the cap and on the under side of the bed. Good thing the sun heated up the hose, I had hot water to blast it all clean.

Took off the fill cap, and the rubber seal (Probably original from 86) was dry and old.
Looked through my stash of Mercedes Fill caps.
(I see good ones at PNP, and Oil Caps I drag them home). Found an almost new rubber seal, and a bit thicker and fit perfect.
Now it is a Merfordes cap.

This is the seal if interested.
They used it on a long list of years, even the Dodge Sprinter.

Goat

Edit...P o r n o is another bad word.

B u g g e r the other bad word

Last edited:

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We bought this place almost 10yrs ago, bought the paint at HD, Behr white. It was $24 a gallon as I remember. Ultra Pure White item 3050.
We use a lot of it doing the whole house.
At $80 a gallon, won`t be painting any time soon.

Goat.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I had a JJJob, dang that is a dirty word, hard to say.
I use to steam clean my cars and truck every once in a while. Also dragging home engines/trans from PNP.
One thing I miss when working.
Did Road Graders, Back Hoe`s, Dump trucks, even the Chain Saws....etc.

A few years ago I bought a Hotsy off CL for $750. Took it to the dealer to service and check it out. Got a good one. Then couldn`t get it to build pressure to turn on the burner, put it back in the shop...get to it later, been 5 years or so. Probably something simple like a seal in the pump. Sure are handy.
Clean better that the cold water one`s.

Goat

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I work in Home Depot's paint dept and our Exterior Dynasty paint is almost $80.00 per gallon!
That's gunny. Last Friday, I went to our closest Home Depot. I picked up a couple of 8' 2x4s and they were $3.95 each. That's just about where they were before the plandemic happened.

WMO4IDI

Reaction score
Took my driveshaft apart apart a couple of weeks ago to rebuild it, then I figured I might as well call in a favor & get it powder coated. I went to pick it up after work & stopped by the hardware store for some black spray paint to finish it... gotta clean up those runs, I used old tape :/

You must be registered for see images attach

Since I got bored while waiting for the paint shop to call, I pulled the tranny yoke out & painted it, same with the new U-joints. Sandblast, 2 coats of zinc rich primer & what I had left in the paint cabinet which was a nice bright blue.

Hopefully I don't chip anything when I reassemble it this weekend.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Got my front end back together.
Looks way better with the grille and valance on. Been driving it all week without them on and just a big ol intercooler hanging out made me look like I was driving an oversized Honda.

On another note my glow plug controller just clicks when I key on, ive had to manually jump the hot stud cause I had no power to the relay itself.
Turns out the kit I bought, the resettable circuit breaker it came with shorted out already. Weird.

Last edited:

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was actually last weekend but I took a three day trip to the northern region of Vancouver island. The first night coincidentally happened to be during a massive aurora show. It’s not quite this vivid to the naked eye but still impressive.

Attachments

• IMG_2621.jpeg
    IMG_2621.jpeg
    219.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2622.jpeg
    IMG_2622.jpeg
    117.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2610.jpeg
    IMG_2610.jpeg
    110.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2612.jpeg
    IMG_2612.jpeg
    123.2 KB · Views: 4

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was actually last weekend but I took a three day trip to the northern region of Vancouver island. The first night coincidentally happened to be during a massive aurora show. It’s not quite this vivid to the naked eye but still impressive.

This is what the sky looked like all the way down in Kansas on the 10th, about 11 pm. There’s some light pollution, but the picture is pretty close to what it looked like