So what did you do with your truck today?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
While on freeway passing a loaded car hauler and rock came up and "found" my windshield...:mad::mad:-cuss-cuss Was going to mil for visit. Nice crack straing and you know they don't stop growing. so now I need tires. Something is wrong with RABS and rear brakes and... I need a new windshield. Sadly it only pours round these parts.

mu2bdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove about 500 miles from central CT to Saranac Lake for annual camping. Canoe on the rack and no refueling stops there or back. Started getting the flashing OD light on the way home; leaking ATF forward of the transmission. Pics and thread to be discussed separately this afternoon/tomorrow. Other than that, the truck ran great.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While on freeway passing a loaded car hauler and rock came up and "found" my windshield...:mad::mad:-cuss-cuss Was going to mil for visit. Nice crack straing and you know they don't stop growing. so now I need tires. Something is wrong with RABS and rear brakes and... I need a new windshield. Sadly it only pours round these parts.

And an intercooler and Typ4 cam

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
And an intercooler and Typ4 cam

Nope... Not today Al.. Today I replaced the number 2 injector hard line for the second or third time....-cuss:mad: The end that connects to the injection pump was not in the best of shape but I believed it would hold fine.. nope. Been the cause of the fuel leak draining down the valley pan and ending up on the new starter. Found an easy way to replace this line being it connects to the BOTTOM drivers side of the injection pump..-cuss Loosen all the lines on the drivers side of the engine.Remove the 4 line vibration clamp. Loosen both ends of injector number 1. Remove the throttle cables and the intake manifold cable bracket. Now when both ends of the cylinder number 4-6-8 are loosened just remove these 3 lines because they still have the 3 line clamp on them. they remove easily. Now take the number 1 line off the pump and the injector. Push it back thru the clamp so you can easily resach the number 2 hard line nut at the bottom of the pump. then remove the line and replace. Just be sure you remember to tighten the number 1 line ar the back of the pump.Otherwise its nearly impossible to reach without the special modified socket. BTW I do not have the socket. I used a craftsman 5/8 combo wrench and a 16mm combo wrench for the bottom fitting.
Also adjusted all the crewcab door strikers so all the doors close very easy now. Had one that was too tight..Needed some slamming to cloes all the way...

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Changed my alternator in a parking lot of a grocery store... Not fun when I had to walk to the parts store but at least the alternator replacement seemed to fix my water leak :dunno :rotflmao

kcwright1979

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Got my cab pulled off ready to change out the oil pump and other minor engine work.

Matt_INW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replacing alternator fixed water leak? Makes me think the water pump was/is leaking out the shaft. Now you have a different tension so it's "better'... for now...

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replacing alternator fixed water leak? Makes me think the water pump was/is leaking out the shaft. Now you have a different tension so it's "better'... for now...

It didn't "fix" it the pump just decided to stop leaking, I don't try to argue with these kinds of things but a new water pump is on the to do list now...

Today I order my first Moose Pump :D

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
*turns down radio*
is that a ******* chuff?
no, *** is it?
*plays with RPM under a load and free rev*
an exhaust leak maybe?
yup. loose nut behind the whee... i mean manifold

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Polishing headlights is something I have tried several times with several different "kits".. nothing works... time for new lenses. Otherwise just looking at the rig sitting in driveway. Haven't heard it run since Thursday.:cry::Whatever:

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Best practice is sanding/wet sanding, Polish, then doing a non yellowing UV protectant clear coat.
But sometimes they are just too far gone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

flyarmyguns

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm a new member/poster.... Here's an ice breaker; I've seen a few questions, and a few posts relating to double din radios in OBS trucks... Here is my 1994 F350 dually crew cab 7.3 IDI turbo. I just installed a Pioneer AVH-4200NEX. My old Ford now interfaces like a new Mercedes, with Apple CarPlay, bluetooth, etc... Anyway, I though OilBurners readers may enjoy...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online