Slippy Slave slides silently off!!!!

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Duct tape??? :dunno:rotflmao

You can probably pull the spring off and take a look at it, you should be able to see where the tab are or where.... then go from there. My guess is someone pried on it hard enough to bend the tabs back the wrong way so there's go grip left in it.

I doubt you can get a new spring, but I'm sure there's tons floating around. I'll see if I can get one for you if no one else comes up with one by the next time I go to the junkyard....

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Duct tape??? :dunno:rotflmao
I was actually gonna suggest a few zip-ties....

Or, the OP could pull the clip off and squeeze it in a vise (it's spring steel) to make it grip tighter on the boss on the tranny. 'Course, the self-tapping screw sound like the most permanent fix.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you found your problem. As was stated, the clip is a ****** to remove and holds the cylinder quite nicely when it's right.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you found your problem. As was stated, the clip is a ****** to remove and holds the cylinder quite nicely when it's right.

Yup checked it today...was on good, drive to town, go to downshift...voila...bam no clutch and pedal goes to the floor again LOL

Thus I looked and no grippy clippy parts

I'll be drilling a hole and soon and using a bolt method!

Al

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1) get a new clip
2) screw the clip the the housing.

my slave popped off at an intersection, pumped pedal again because somrhtign felt weird, busted the salve right open, brake fluid everywhere, had to push truck out by myslef from the intersection, slipping in the fluid, during rush hour...was embarassing.

new slave is aluminum, with a damnhard clip. ive been lazy and havent screwed it on yet but i will, soon.

Last edited:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1) get a new clip
2) screw the clip the the housing.

my slave popped off at an intersection, pumped pedal again because somrhtign felt weird, busted the salve right open, brake fluid everywhere, had to push truck out by myslef from the intersection, slipping in the fluid, during rush hour...was embarassing.

new slave is aluminum, with a damnhard clip. ive been lazy and havent screwed it on yet but i will, soon.

New clip...means opening the hydraulic system up and removing it off the slave that way...NOT happening

HOLE gonna be drilled that's all there is to it!

I don't or cannot pump it a second time...pedal goes to the floor and stays right there on the floor..so I just pull over and repair it takes oh 2 minutes tops for me to slip slave back on and be running!

I'm getting quite good at the press pushrod in slide slave over let pushrod go technique I tell ya. If I could convince Superwifey I'd do a short video HOW to for all ya to see!

LOL

:popcorn

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You mean she won't video it for you while you stick it in??????

Sheesh..... What's this world coming to?....

LOL HAHAHA
Now this ones gone into the weeds....DOH!

That's ok I just went out drilled the hole and stuck a carriage bolt for now.

Glad I got a 90 deg drill sure made it nice to do

You must be registered for see images attach

And lastly bolted up tight!

I'll get a proper grade 8 bolt n washer n nyloc on there ASAP but this is what I had for now.

Lets hope problem solved once and for all

Al

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice.

Think you might have gotten a bit carried away with the carriage bolt; my 2 cent chinese self tapper has been holding strong for almost 4years worth of daily use.

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice.

Think you might have gotten a bit carried away with the carriage bolt; my 2 cent chinese self tapper has been holding strong for almost 4years worth of daily use.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice.

If the carriage bolt is a bit carried away for you, then a grade 8 1/4" bolt with nyloc nut must be absolute overkill for you.

LOL

That's ok, I'll go with my grade 8 1/4"er and you can have yer cheapnease product.

Al

:popcorn

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online