singing the E4OD blues

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Behind driver side kick panel. IIRC on an OBS it comes out thru the engine bay. Look on firewall directly below driver-side hood hinge, you'll see a huge rectangular connector, this is the bulkhead connector for your dash and cab wiring. Now outboard of this, between it an the fender, is another rectangular connector, it's about inch wide by 4-5 inches tall, with maybe 15 wires coming out of it on the fender side - this is the TCM connector, it plugs directly into the TCM. Bolt sticking out the middle, 10mm socket to remove that, and as you unscrew it it will unplug the connector for you. It appears the ground is up high on the fender's inner lip, in the top driver-side rear corner of the engine bay, about an inch or so below one of the two big bolts that secure top of driver side fender to cab. It is the only ground there. There is a 2-wire test connector attached to the same fender lip but closer to cowl, locate the connector and ground is a few inches forward of it.

Giving the TCM a better ground is highly unlikely to fry it. Your truck = your call tho.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
okay. i found the TCM.....the one on the right.....

You must be registered for see images

also found the ground for the TCM and that two wire connector thingy. What is that for anyways? mine is just hanging there, no cover on it, just an exposed plug.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aye, those are it. Get medievil w/ the ground. And idk what that connector is for, green and red wires on it, right? My brick has it as well, and it's present on any brick or OBS junkyard truck I've looked at too... Should have a cap on it btw.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
also,since your asking where it is,it means you haven't done so yet; that is iirc a 10mm bolt you see there.anyway,be sure to clean up this connection (not that it is low enough to take abuse of salt spray roads etc,but just because the trucks age) with electrical cleaner and apply some dielectric grease.i also did the same for the relay's in the power distribution box.keeping connections clean and giving them some kindness every 10 years at least like this makes a big difference.it doesn't cost much but a little time.