show off your IDI

mudduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
91 idi home made sidemount garret externaly wastegated turbo , swapped in a zf5 , sas ' 77 3/4 ton d44 . 99 f250 6" springs 38.5 swamper tsl sx's , more to come daily driver/hauler

You must be registered for see images attach

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
91 idi home made sidemount garret externaly wastegated turbo , swapped in a zf5 , sas ' 77 3/4 ton d44 . 99 f250 6" springs 38.5 swamper tsl sx's , more to come daily driver/hauler

i like it :D

FordDZLMan9191

Diesel addict
Reaction score
Here's a few of my 85 f250. The last pic is my modified shifter stick.

mudduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my old 83 before the conversion

after conversion

the new 86. no pics of it 2wd, but it looks like a regualr 2wd longbed. lol

after converion to 4x4

now the almost finished shortened version

and a poser pic

what size are the stacks on this thing? i love them and would like to make a set for my junk. looks like a beast

AZBLACKSMOKE

no truck payment
Reaction score
Heres mine. 1986 108,000 original miles. Second owner. AZ truck. Bone stock. t19,
4x4, 4:10's.

My future plans include 33" tires, ZF5 speed swap and maybe 3:55 gears. Other than that, It will stay a mostly original classic truck.

You must be registered for see images

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
what size are the stacks on this thing? i love them and would like to make a set for my junk. looks like a beast

sucks u are so far away, i would sell u them. i took em off. they are 4x4 square tubing 1/4 inch thick. used a 3.5 to 4 adapter at the bottom, squished the 3.5 side into a square and shoved into the square tube, and welded up.

alot of people think the 1/4 is overkill, but it was free and made it easy to mount, just drilled and tapped the holes and bolted brackets to it.

also guess i should post up the latest pics of it,

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
Heres mine. 1986 108,000 original miles. Second owner. AZ truck. Bone stock. t19,
4x4, 4:10's.

My future plans include 33" tires, ZF5 speed swap and maybe 3:55 gears. Other than that, It will stay a mostly original classic truck.

You must be registered for see images

If your gonna do all sorts of things like that to such a nice old original truck, sell it to me as is!

Believe me I'll keep it to it's full original glory!

AZBLACKSMOKE

no truck payment
Reaction score
If your gonna do all sorts of things like that to such a nice old original truck, sell it to me as is!

Believe me I'll keep it to it's full original glory!

Trust me. Im kinda of a purist too, and thats why I bought this truck because it was so unmolested. But everything I do can be returned to original. The ZF I have is going in when its clutch time, and the 33's can easily be removed for the original wheels and hubcaps later.

Ill take good care of it. ;Sweet

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
Good to hear!

You wouldn't believe what I would do to find such a fine piece of history in that kind of shape! And to be 100% original.

That's a kind of truck I would keep as is, just as a nice classic sunday driver.

I really want a 1983 Ford Diesel, since how it's the very first year for the Diesel Fords, and to find an 83 in the shape your 86 is in, man that be like a brand new Lincoln for me :D

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing stopping you, there are lots of nice trucks in the west and southwest U.S.:D Some of you rust belters do an awful lot of work to repair vehicles that should be junkyard fodder. I understand it can be cost prohibitive to travel for a vehicle, but I think it would pay great dividends.
Travis..

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Nothing stopping you, there are lots of nice trucks in the west and southwest U.S.:D Some of you rust belters do an awful lot of work to repair vehicles that should be junkyard fodder. I understand it can be cost prohibitive to travel for a vehicle, but I think it would pay great dividends.
Travis..

Thats what i did. had it shipped in from Oregon 2 years ago. I havent seen a 86 this clean in NJ/PA since 87

milightfo

BLACK SMOKE
Reaction score
my 84 ,139.000 original miles,runs and drives like a new one

Attachments

• mm.JPG
    mm.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 74