shocks??????

junior20762003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well being that my truck still has stock shocks this month im thinking of get me some new one`s cause my front is starting to sag a lil i was thinking of running some rancho shocks what yall have in mine

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My half-a-million-mile-plus truck also had the original shocks until recently.

I went with Rancho RS5000s.

I am well pleased.

Shocks are supposed to be replaced with every tire change; but, in the real world, no one ever does it.

Once someone finally does get around to getting new shocks, the old ones are in such bad shape that anything is an improvement, which is why you will get high accolades from dozens of different brands.

Shocks are not load-bearing, so they will do nothing for your sagging condition. ;Really

Last edited:

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine are original to the axles that currently under my truck lol. I really need to replace them but need to get the axles situated before I spend the money.

My back shocks were prertty new, but when I put the 350 blocks under the rear springs they were over extended and dont work worth a crap.

Logroller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when i first got my truck i had skyjacker soft ride shocks on it ,, but come to find out there is no soft ride in a 1ton so a couple yrs down the road i put on billstien and have loved the way it rides when its loaded ,, but something to be desired when not loaded but like i said its a 1ton 4x4 and its a truck .. not meant to ride like a car

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
I have a set of shocks in the bed of my truck but havent put them on as ive heard many mixed reviews as to whether you can even tell you replaced them. I have also heard billions of different ways that you can check them. My truck rides ok but has a whole lot of bounce in the front passenger side i can grab the bumper and shake it up and down and the drivers side will be completely still after about four bounces but the passenger side just keeps on going. does this mean i need new shocks? I bought gabriel ultra ride shocks from auto zone because oreillys was gonna take a while to get monroes in.

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put some Rancho shocks under the front of my truck and they are way nicer than what it had in it before. But i really want to grab some Bilstein 5100s for the front and some Bilstein HDs for the rear.

towtruckdave

Resident Nutcase
Reaction score
I have a set of shocks in the bed of my truck but havent put them on as ive heard many mixed reviews as to whether you can even tell you replaced them. I have also heard billions of different ways that you can check them. My truck rides ok but has a whole lot of bounce in the front passenger side i can grab the bumper and shake it up and down and the drivers side will be completely still after about four bounces but the passenger side just keeps on going. does this mean i need new shocks? I bought gabriel ultra ride shocks from auto zone because oreillys was gonna take a while to get monroes in.

This means you needed new shocks 5 years ago. LOL

junior20762003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what about these Rancho RS9000XL Shocks has anybody delt with these.....my truck dont bounce like redneckaggie`s lol just something i have on the list

thanks guys

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
yeah i just pulled the passenger shock off and needless to say it doesnt push or pull on me at all lol. i am fixing to go get brakes as i discovered those are getting worn out. did not mean to hijack junior but to answer your question i have drove a psd with those shocks and it was pretty nice compared to other psds i have drove. the nicest riding truck i have rode in was actually my cousins chevy half ton with 7 in of lift. the whole suspension was pro comp. truck rode like a dream.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I had a cheap brand of shocks on my 1985 S10 blazer for about a year and a half before they wore out completely. I replaced them with the Rancho RS5000 and 4 years later they were still working like new. I bet if you found my old Blazer sitting in a scrap yard somewheres, those shocks would STILL be good!

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Pretty hard to beat bilsteins. Ride decent empty and when you load it to the hilt with a heavy 5er it still handles great in the curves ;Sweet Another real plus dealing with bilstein is with their lifetime warranty, you know what's going on. I was experiencing a hop in the rear and they had me send both rears in and they tested them, found the bum one and sent them back with a new replacement and cleaned the good one up so nice it looked new ;Sweet
Takes the guesswork out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online