Shackle reversal WITHOUT lifting the front end?

kas83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last few times the wife and I have taken the truck out, she's been complaining on how rough it rides. I'm not too fond of it anymore either, but I like the truck so I'm content with putting up with it.

However, I'm interested in putting a reverse shackle kit and front sway bar in it, but I don't want to lift it at all. The stance is about perfect right now with the 255's, no need to mess with that. Is there any way of putting the RSK in without lifting the front of the truck? I know that by design it almost always adds an inch or two, but is there anyway of doing it and keeping it at the same height as before? Thanks for any opinions/help.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
custom shackles that go threw the frame half way up instead of mounting on the bottom of the frame?

kas83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, will look into something along those lines. Also, the RSK is reported to lift the truck approx 1.5", correct?

You must be registered for see images attach

Do all F350's have that bottom spacer between the spring and pad? Could I pull that out and drop it down approx 3/4"(best measurement I've gotten of the spacer), thus only lifting the truck 3/4" with the RSK? Thanks again.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
I did the RSk on mine, using the stock springs, and it rides just a rough now as it ever did. Biggest disappointing mod on my truck. It raised the front about 3 "

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I did the RSk on mine, using the stock springs, and it rides just a rough now as it ever did. Biggest disappointing mod on my truck. It raised the front about 3 "

Really? I've done 2 of them and it made one hell of a difference.

Did you wait to tighten the bolts after the suspension was loaded?

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
KAS83 you could always put 05-up axles in your truck and have coil springs and 4 link;Sweet that will out ride any leaf springs

And does your truck have Ball joints?

Black dawg

Reaction score
how much air do you run in the fronts? also what shocks? my f350 rides better without the swaybar.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Really? I've done 2 of them and it made one hell of a difference.

Did you wait to tighten the bolts after the suspension was loaded?

Yep, weight of the truck was on the ground. But I didn't sue Super Duty springs, just the stock OBS springs

Last edited:

kas83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is a balljoint 60 out of a 92, used to convert the truck from 2wd to 4wd. I run 60 psi in the load range d Cooper S/T's on the front, 50 in the rear. Shock bodies are yellow, no markings, have no idea how old they are or what brand as they were on the truck when I got it.