Sending unit for rear tank, Are they avaliable?

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've searched and really can't find anything that's definitely for an idi.. I need a rear tank sending unit complete for my 88, it's one of my major hangup rite now. If anyone knows of a place to get a new one, or even has a good used one to sell lmk please.. Thanks joe

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link, they're sold out rite now but I see laserjock bought one from another seller.. Worries me thou becouse that seller has some really bad feedback so it mite be a risk..

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bought the rear unit from "vansautollc". No problems and they have a good feedback score.

Front was from "trexautoparts111014". Again, no problems and they have a good feedback score.

Hope that helps.

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does I'll buy from vansautollc, thanks for letting me know.. There score is good, but have had 89 negative feedbacks withing last year so I was kinda worried..

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can also cobble in a universal sensor without too much trouble, though you also need to add a universal type gauge IIRC as the resistance range is different.

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doubt they'd be an improvement, I expected they'd just redo the original contacts which means it will eventually have the same wear problem. Replacing it with a wire wound setup would take some significant rework I'd guess.

Also $75-150+ shipping... not really a cheaper alternative from what I've seen.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the simplicity of getting a gasser unit, the ease of install, and the ability to adapt it for a direct swap makes it pretty much the best choice IMO.

ive installed universal units, and they always seem to be the type you have to bolt in.

ive had a minor issue with mine initially, but after i worked it out, its done great.
and i wouldnt have had those issues if i would have bought a new one.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put gasser units in mine 3 to 5 years ago with zero problems so far. All of the parts stores have them and the price is reasonable.

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my sending unit from "vansautollc" seller on ebay yesterday.. I'm happy it's the right part, brand new repop came with the shower head and a brass float all for 70 bucks...Thanks laserjock for the help with finding this seller..