runs great but will not start when hot

michael kiernan

Reaction score
hello all.I have a 1995 Ford Powerstroke F350 with 200k miles.I have owned it since 134,000 miles.Great tow vehicle.It now will not start when warm.This happened all of a sudden ,250 miles into a 2300 mile trip.It will only start on ether when hot.When cold it starts instantaneously.It goes down the road as good as ever.is this a common problem? I also seem to be having a hard time finding a workshop manual.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good chance it is the IPR (injection pressure regulator) Valve that is located on the back of the HPOP.

Heres a link to do a rebuild on the IPR if you choose not to just buy new and replace.

CLICK

Welcome to OB.net!!

hitechredneck

Hillbilly Deluxe
Reaction score
ipr you are expericing the same thing i was replaced the ipr and runs like a champ now hot or cold

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
best bet take it to a GOOD mechanic, or even the dealer,
with a scan tool and siiting inside the cab , I can tell why it wont start, be it fuel, electric, or hpop just by watching some paramaters.
will be cheaper than throwing parts at it.

Blakes3greatdanes

Reaction score
I just had a identical problem with an '86 F250. Some thought that it could be the injector pump, but the mechanic informed me it was the starter. After removing the starter and checking it under load, it was determined that indeed the starter was not spinning fast enough
hope this helps
Blake

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online