rotted oilpan 88 f350 7.3

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
I was told it was better to pull the motor. When I change the one on my 87, I intend on doing as much as I can, while the motor is out.

Gary

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
It can be done while in the truck, but you don't want to do it. The oil pick up has to come out with the pan for enough clearance to get the pan out and then you have to get it bolted back in while installing the pan. Not an easy task. Plus it will probably take almost as long as pulling the engine and **** you off even more.

M

maxdiesel

I had a pin hole leak in my pan and was able to braise it with a small oxy/map torch. It's been a few months and so far it seems good.

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
once more-for a quick fix (I did this on a VW deisel fuel tank years ago)
I used a wire brush on a drill or what ever-cleaned it off real well put a heavy coat of POR15 on it covered it with a paper towell another coat of Por 15 did another layer like the first ( the car had to be running for a monday morning-did it in desperation)it held so well the owner never orsered another tank it worked for s few years that I know of.When I left MA it was still holding fine. I am not saying it is permenant-or did I???
By the way it was so rotted that an attempt to solder it failed.