Riddle me this....

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Might want to carry a couple of gallon jugs of room temp water(not cold or you;ll crack it ). If you get a no start, slowly pour it over the IP , wait a minute then crank it,if it fires, you have a worn out pump internally

goatwrangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks punk, papabear and RLDSL ill get the clear tubing along with another filter this weekend. i appreciate the help and RLDSL i hope my pump is goin out

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might want to carry a couple of gallon jugs of room temp water(not cold or you;ll crack it ). If you get a no start, slowly pour it over the IP , wait a minute then crank it,if it fires, you have a worn out pump internally

* :eek: Cringe :eek: *

Just remember folks, when you give out advice like this, or tell people to use either (or see them say they used it )......

PLEASE

Remember to explain or at least mention the dangers associated with such measures. Sometimes folks find these posts in a search later, and don't research it well enough before just trying it.

goatwrangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well no new news yet. i changed the air filter out today. im gonna change the fuel filter tomorrow just because the only thing id have to put in the fuel filter is atf...will that be okay to use ?

goatwrangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so i just changed the fuel filter and it started right up....im gonna let it run and get nice and hot then see if it restarts...if it does im just gonna go from there and probably go after the return lines....thanks for everyones help

goatwrangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well it happened again yesterday....its only happening now when the truck has been ran kinda hard, like on my way home from work after about 30 minutes of driving. i poured some water over the ip and it started after i couple tries....so does that mean my injection pump is getting weak ?

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
well it happened again yesterday....its only happening now when the truck has been ran kinda hard, like on my way home from work after about 30 minutes of driving. i poured some water over the ip and it started after i couple tries....so does that mean my injection pump is getting weak ?

Sounds like it's heading for the last roundup :(
On the up side, this would be a great time to get with Mel and buy yourself a Moose pump :D

sootman73

Reaction score
goat I grew up not far from you. I lived in North vernon, had a lot of fun in seymour and columbus, lived in indy for awhile and attended a few classes at purdue.

punk

i also attended a few classes at purdue. last year. lived in lafayette for year.

sootman73

Reaction score
its a pump that Agnem has developed for our trucks. its a performance tuned pump. he did all the research and development to increase fuel delivery to the injectors. im not sure but i remember hearing that no one to date has been able to use all the fuel that the pump can supply.

many guys here have them. wish i could get one. but not until mine goes out...

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
just so everyone knows, I attended classes at purdue but never graduated. my hat is off to anyone that can deal with that much bs for four years and walk away sane. I dont regret a minute of it, great learning experience and I met the woman that will be my wife there. I was born and raised in Indiana in a small down in the southern third. I just dont anyone thinking Im more than I am, I am a redneck punk rocker with a bad attitude and a love of things that require a motor.

punk

goatwrangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just so everyone knows, I attended classes at purdue but never graduated. my hat is off to anyone that can deal with that much bs for four years and walk away sane. I dont regret a minute of it, great learning experience and I met the woman that will be my wife there. I was born and raised in Indiana in a small down in the southern third. I just dont anyone thinking Im more than I am, I am a redneck punk rocker with a bad attitude and a love of things that require a motor.

punk

AMEN!

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He means ENGINE! Attitude, shoot ,you aint seen nothin yet.:rotflmao:rotflmao

Although out here in the west, redneck and punk rocker dont usually go together.:D:D:D

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
punk rocker and redneck dont really fit together anywhere but in my head. The scariest place I have ever visited is the 6 inches between my ears.

punk