Return line questions? Help im lost.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
how would you go to the larger return line kit?

You simply buy the kit with the red clamps but know this. you are needing the bleeder valve on the filter head to be 1/4 inch also. Then there is the manifold way back under number 8 injector. It needs to be changed from 3/16 barb ends to 1/4 inch barb ends. Getting rid of that older manifold on the end of the hard line from the injection pump solves a leaky area. That fitting back there has an olive in it. Many have no idea it is in there.

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
. Many have no idea it is in there.
You got that right, I thought I had done it all when I did my return line kit...but I didn't even know those existed. But I do now and they will be replaced soon. But makes sense as to how much you have to replace in order to convert. Thanks

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when i did my IP, injectors, and return lines, i went this way.....
cost me like 15 bucks in fittings.
You must be registered for see images attach

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and in every car, every boat, on the jetskis, and quads LOL

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
Brian, Thats a slick tee you got there. Were did you come up with that?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is the stock 3 port manifold that came with my truck.
it had all 3/16" nipples brazed on to them.
i cut them off,
chucked em up in the bridgeport, drilled em out to tap size.
i drilled em out offset from center of the 3/16 to gain more room for the tap to bottom out on.
i shoulda used teflon on the threads, but i dont get any air in my system so, if it aint broke, dont fix it ... right?

lemme see if i can find a pic of what it looked like before i messed with it.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yeah that'l work... Funny how you went to hard way to secure the vice to the table but if it works why change it. I sure enjoyed working on a Bridgeport mill. A few months after I retired the shop got all new Bridgeports set up with the latest CNC works. Then you set up a program and press start and its done for you. We also had a huge multi head lathe from many years back with a simalar setup on it. Program it and walk away. come back later and the parts is finished waiting for you....

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the hard way??? lol nothing hard about tightening a nut..lol
i use this clamp method on all my machines. besides the surface grinders which have magnetic chucks.
the machinists vice i decided to use does not have a clamp foot. it has 90 slices horizontal in the jaws, so that i could machine this part

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
OIC.... The vices I used in the machine shop had the areas along the sides and front where a T bolt and nut could be slipped in to hold it. In the pic of yours I was wondering why you didn't just move the table forwards or back to line up with the piece being machined. That way the vice is clamped square to the table. Not in any was criticizing how you have this clamped down. Just wondered. Asking how or why sometimes opens up another way of catching a mouse.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i was only drilling one hole :)
i slapped it on and fine tuned my position with my X and Y

if i was drilling 2 holes parallel, i would have brought out the .0000-.004-.000 dial indicator :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online