Rear wheel spacers

ZWilson07

Cowboy
Reaction score
the track on the dana 60 front is wider than the 10.25 rear by 3 "
thw dana 50 ttb is the same width as the 10.25.
the main reason for the spacers is looks. In stock form the difference is not as noticable, but lift the truck 4" and put 35"s on the difference is noticable.
the other reason is the understeer caused by the different widths. I cant say that I noticed any difference one way or the other.
Back in the 90s there always were adds in the back of the magazines targeting the blazers to add wheel spacer to the rear, they were off 3 or 4 from front to rear. The reason the add stated was understeer.

as far as steel vrs aluminum, I sheared my axle bolts and no harm was done to the spacers

Thanks for this info.

It would just for looks for myself as well, and as you stated when you go bigger tires it is super obvious which is why I have had to deal with it before on other vehicles.

But of course having a 3/4-1 inch spacer isn't near as bad as having to run 3 inches to make it even :eek:

Does anyone have know how much wider a drw axle is specifically?

OP if I was you I wouldn't run that big of a spacer especially if you do a lot of work, to me that just seems like pushing it. I'd look into the drw axle and even if it is a little bit wider then the front d60, itd be much better to only have to run a small spacer up front vs a huge spacer in the rear.

Last edited:

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
Im thinking the dually axle is like 4" wider, at least on a sd it is.
but to find a pickup dually axle is about impossable

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn...need a dually rear diff now for H1 wheels and Dually front hubs too...that's perfect for running H1 wheels woo hoo...good news that is!

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Zwilson07, I was only looking to run 1 1/2 to 2" at the most. Not looking for a 3" spacer. And I really dont "heavy haul" that much. One or 2 camping trips in the summer, and Im pretty sure Im nowhere overloaded at all. That being said, I think I will look for an 1 1/2, and stay away from 2 " spacers. Thanks for everyone's input

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online