Realistic budget of a 2wd -4wd and goodies build

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I just glanced at it.
Well if there was a half-nekkid hottie somewhere in that picture then I'd completely understand just glancing at the car, but as it stands we only got a choice of said car, the rear end of a truck with the ugliest tail lights known to mankind, and a poor attempt at jungle-gym fab... LOL

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Well if there was a half-nekkid hottie somewhere in that picture then I'd completely understand just glancing at the car, but as it stands we only got a choice of said car, the rear end of a truck with the ugliest tail lights known to mankind, and a poor attempt at jungle-gym fab... LOL

I was checking out the Tires. And there's a pile Of building Rubble blocking the View.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
speaking of building rubble, just priced out a 10 yard dumper, $300+ !!!!! jeeezusss...Right now I wish i had some ncie high stake sides so i could load it up and do it worst case in 2 trips for 160 bucks. owwww

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was checking out the Tires. And there's a pile Of building Rubble blocking the View.
You are right tho, it does kinda look an olde Bimmer, I'm thinking 80s 5-series?

speaking of building rubble, just priced out a 10 yard dumper, $300+ !!!!! jeeezusss...Right now I wish i had some ncie high stake sides so i could load it up and do it worst case in 2 trips for 160 bucks. owwww
Well then finish your headache rack, and then build some sides for the bed. You know you'll be needing them anyways, might as well be done with them. Just to warn ya tho, treated lumber can and will sneak up on you as far as costs of materials go. And you wanna use stainless hardware (cause, well, it's shiny) too. But on the flip side once it's done it's good for the next 10 years give or take another 10 or so :D

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
backrack will be getting painted and mounted today. Im jsut welding the damn thing on. Took me 20 minutes to drill one damn 1/2" hole thru all the steel. **** it. Weld it be done with it, hoep I never have to take out the back window. It looks pretty damn good I think. if i were ot chang eone thing is to add another miter cut at the top to have a better visual impact. But the half plate half mesh looks killer. Ill get a pic today. Then hopefully load it up with crud and go to the dump tomorrow and try not to spill the load over the roads lol. I determined its definitly pump advance mechanism that is going out, well i THINK. i got the new wheel on, took 3 oz off the balance, tire still has lateral runout but w.e. coasts relatively smooth. has the bucking at same loads, and sometimes it TREALLY clatters pulling out of driveways. Again..when i have some spare time...sometime, I will put my spare pump on. I gotta clean it up a bit and soak the threads on the back in some atf, its a little rusty. But got a spare set of injection lines which is cool, will make the pump swap go quicker. Except its going to be out of time...again! grrrr, really need a meter but not spending 300 bucks on one.

anyway, truck feels just as smooth doing 85 mph as it does 60. Just the boost is hanging out at 12-14 pounds and i can get it to almost 25 pound sin 5th getting up to 90 mph. WG is unhooked. If I ever tow or haul heavy with it i will definitly hook the boost gauge back up. Im studded and those suckers are cranked down but still scares me going over 20. My EGT has still yet to pass 900..i love my intercooler!

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hauled 2040 pounds of building trash today. I love the new back rack.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thank you sir. Got some 2 led flood lights to put tha tthe top corners behind the mesh there, nice and flush, low key, away from harms way. Probably put a 12" light bar in the rear under the bed to air in lighting up the roadway when Im reversing as i cant see shiet at night thru my dark windows.
Got some 15k lb D rings being welded on to the sides, as i saw the the load is almsost in line with the bed line, the hookjs dont grip too well. They will eb welded on, with clearance lights in between them.
Just need a set of underbed tool boxes now :D no body makes them any shallower than 14" though, i need 10", purely for aethetics so they dont hang lower than the rocker line. One side will house a viar 400 compressor and 5 gal tank for airing up tires, other one will hold all my strap sand recovery equipment/misc tools.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now imagine if it had sides on that bed... Seriously, this should be your next 1st priority - the main advantage of a truck over a SUV is that you can just throw stuff in the bed and head out, kinda hard to do that with a flat deck without even low sides walls.

Oh and I hate to burst your bubble, but no amount of rear lighting is gonna help you see out them dark windows when it's all rainy and/or foggy out there, just get mentally prepared for sticking your head out the window in those situations - limo tint here on a truck that has the cab floor at roughly the same height as your bed deck, wide-angle mirrors at the front corners of the hood and rear-facing floods built into the rear wall of the front fenders are the only ways to see anything off to the sides of the truck after dark :D

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That bed looks amazing as is. Sides are helpful, but as long as you carry a bunch of straps you're good

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're only as good as whatever you're hauling allows strapping! And even so you still gotta make sure it's strapped properly, to heck with that - the first time I gotta deal with this BS will be but the last time as well, the very last time will be the very next trip out with destination the nearest lumber retailer for sides materials :D

Also can't put a bed cap on a flatbed w/o sides!!!

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
aint putting no bedcaps on this truck lol

weld on stake pockets with removable wooden sides is where ill be heading with this. Or i might modify my metal cage I built for the old truck to sit in this one. it will come in handy if i have to haul dirt or other loose items that you cant ratchet down. gotta be removable for sure though

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alos, as stated by so manby members that went turbo.

it is, without a doubt, the BEST thing you can do for your n/a diesel. i have alot of fun driving around, whistling everywhere and the truck is no slouch at all off the lights. no gutlessness in 3rd gear low rpm, just...power. It would benefit largely from a re curved IP, one that doesnt taper ther fuel so hard at hi rpm so it can sustain the pull, im out of fuel and truck gets flat up there.

2nd best-hydroboost. I do have 4w disc brakes, btu the hydro feels great. firm positive pedalk, no sinking, and put a bit more force on it and can lock up the 37s no problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online