Ram Air Effect Mod for 6.0L

PDPRacing

SCT Custom Tuner
Reaction score
Some have created names for it, but simply what it is is just opening a larger diameter on the fiberglass wall behind your front grille to the size of your intakes diamter, so now you create a RAM AIR effect and the engine can breathe cooler air. Here is a simple mod, took no more than 15 minutes to do.

I used 2 tools a 3" Holesaw with my drill, and a dremel, a file will work as well if dremel is not available. ( to even and deburr the fiberglass opening when done )

Start by opening the hood, and noticing the 4 bolts that run accross the lip of your front grille on the top. Remove those, and let the grille slide foward, and rest on it's own at an angle.

From there we are gonna attack a tiny window located on the outside wall of where your intake filter lies on the other side, remember to to remove the filter so you do not damage it.
I used a 3" hole saw cut two holes and ate the middle edges out with a dremel tool, then chamfered the edges and cleaned up all the dust. Looks like a big factory oval now.
Now you should end up with a hole about the size of your intakes mouth but now your intake when placed back will now have a large round to oval hole to breathe better.

Some make it round, some oval, some make a square window as such:

[img=http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/4675/installed0nd.jpg]

Using this pic so you guys can reference where the hole needs to be made.

;Sweet

-PDP-
Pure Diesel Performance