questions about my new motor

t-roymoose

Reaction score
Well the search is finally over. I found a 7.3 motor for $300. It is out of an 88' f-250. I have a 93 f-350. I have the serpintene belt on my old one. Will all my old stuff bolt right up to my new motor? Also what other stuff is different an can I change it to be more like the old 93' one that I had?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well the search is finally over. I found a 7.3 motor for $300. It is out of an 88' f-250. I have a 93 f-350. I have the serpintene belt on my old one. Will all my old stuff bolt right up to my new motor? Also what other stuff is different an can I change it to be more like the old 93' one that I had?
all the external bolt-ons will transfer over.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yes.. Its as simple as bolting it on. You will need a pulley installer - remover tool if any of the ps pumps are shot or the vacuum pump is too hard to reach the 3 bolts under the pulley. Otherwise it bolts directly to the heads on each side. Just three bolts per mount.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Gaskets on what??? I don't know of any needed gaskets on the Vbelt to serpentine belt changeover...

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
X2, although if your putting on a used motor, for the money and trouble it might be worth your time to throw a new water pump on it before you install it. You can use the blue form a gasket for that. ;Sweet