questions about my 30 aux tank hit the search button, read tech files self teaching

jordanjohngse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay and before i say more i promise a couple people of pictures dont worry there coming just bare with me uncle sam got me wrap around his finger pretty tight for my deployment coming up, so i got my dual tanks i plan on dropping and cleaning/replacing. so for right now the PO installed a 30 gal aux tank that sits flat meaning its a maybe a ruler or less in hight, but wide. he got it off a generator that powered a cummins generator on the side of the highway. after he replaced the IP and fuel/water seperator filter, fuel filter and installed a eletric pump and list of other fuel related parts before relizing his orignal dual tanks were bad(from my other forum regarding my tanks he finally manned up and said there bad)but he replace alot of the fuel system so its okay. so now i got this 30 gal aux tank with a standard level indicator on the cap, i kinda like it. i do alot of backwoods driving so i dont have to wory about punctuing my tank anymore i guess plus gives charactor;Sweet, so now my issue she started acting like she was dieing when i was at idle running rough and rpms dropping, give it a little throttle as a starting to move more from shifitng she worked her way out. then on highway driving depending on speed and incline of hill im on she would a.)loose power or return power meaning i can feel like someone just put a boost on it and everything is fine. sometimes she stalls. wait a minute or two put a dip in m mouth, crank over everyhting is fine and depending on my driving meaning how fast and what incline she does this. fuel filter great and im getting fuel. and even finally got my 6 flat pump tuned down finally!lol. so now after reaserching the search button and looking through old forums the closet i can think of is pick up line if the tank has one. i say that becuase since this tank was originally design for non moving enviroment and common sense i didnt have this prouble intell i got below a little half a tank. maybe my diesel is just swashing back and fourth and not getting sucted up. i can see my two hoses enetering from on top of the tank into metal fittings, so my thinking is make this tank work for a moving truck that goes up and down sideways and add a longer pick up line? and since im here (ill download pcitures i swear) i have a 5 pod eagle eye light bar with eagle eye plastic covers with all the wiring and the switch for sale or trade for a headache rack or a good gas tank:sly

jordanjohngse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it sits in the bed, flush with the forward sheet metal of the bed, ill try and upload pictures after work, black,plastic, with a fill tube, and two hoses enterring on the top near the the side of the tank