Pyrometer/Thermocouple Fitment

fsmyth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's good to know!
(snip)
Long way off though, but I do like that the superlite guages have a warning light option and with the guage and mounting box, it looks like it would still be cheaper then a comparable round guage with a needle, let alone a round digital guage.

Yup. Always a plus, in my book. Too many folks are getting a premium for their product,
simply because it is popular. FASS and Airdog come to mind :)

My Ford has it mounted in the dash, right next to the tank switch. Not an optimum location,
since the steering wheel blocks it at times. But it's out of the way there.

Their probes are inexpensive enough to put one before and after the turbo. A small eye-opener :)
And you can set the meter to use the resistive type of sensor - works for water, trans, oil, etc.
Wish they had them in different display colors........

BioFarmer93

OPEC Hater
Reaction score
Yup. Always a plus, in my book. Too many folks are getting a premium for their product,
simply because it is popular. FASS and Airdog come to mind :)

My Ford has it mounted in the dash, right next to the tank switch. Not an optimum location,
since the steering wheel blocks it at times. But it's out of the way there.

Their probes are inexpensive enough to put one before and after the turbo. A small eye-opener :)
And you can set the meter to use the resistive type of sensor - works for water, trans, oil, etc.
Wish they had them in different display colors........

Auber Instruments are the folks I ended up going with because of the multi-function capability and the dual display since I'm running an EGT probe in each manifold.. It has output terminals for relays and other odds and ends. For $153 I got two EGT probes and this little jewel... http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_21&products_id=357

fsmyth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya. Auber was my 2cd choice. Ended up with Sensor Connection because they are
such nice folks to deal with. (and the meters were smaller).

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Updating this thread for others info sake. The ISSPRO thermocouple I ordered is too long. I just drilled and tapped my driver's side manifold, on top between cylinders 6 and 8. Looks like I'll have to wait on a 1/4"-1/4" M/F NPT fitting since I really have exhausted my supply. Wouldn't be an issue if the crush collar inside the compression fitting didn't come already crimped just enough to not move at all...

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach