Push button glow plugs bypass

Fishin76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have the new style glow plug controller, you have no reason to do it, you have the good system. If you have the old system, by all means, put a push button in.

budget95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know witch one I have but it seems like the controller burned out 4 gp's

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
my new stule controller burnt out 3 sets of plugs before I bought the truck....I am doing the push button mod to it when my new ebay plugs get here.

timothyr1014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
budget95; quick and simple...look at your glow plugs if they have spade connectors its the older system, if they have bulletts its the newer.

I would bet its the newer, but either way I am a fan of manual GP's

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
I did the mod ayears ago-My GPs last a lot longe and I have always been able to start even in North East cold winters,with out plugging it in.It takes a bit to learn just how long you need to start it with out heating them longer that neccesary,The controllers heat them a lot more than is needed to start well. Thus the longivity is increased with out the controller.

budget95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok It is the pin connecter, thank you for the help Timothy.
I love this website!
How does this work again? Do I remove the white wire from the controller then connect the wire from my bypass button to that stud?
I have 3 glow plugs that work right now, 4 of them are bad and 1 is missing.

budget95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anybody direct me to the thread for the push button bypass? Please and thank you.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Not a problem...I will be doing the push button plugs myself when the new ebay ones show up. I can take puics of the install, but it may not help as the wiring in my truck was hacked when I got it...should be fun I imagine!

budget95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already did it plus the 4 bad glowplugs. Now I can't get it started. I ran out of fuel yesteday and it looks like I clogged the fuel filter. I'll get a new filter and try again tomarrow.:dunno