Project Stress Test

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can I ask where you got the headers..? Look pretty zoomie...

If I ever have a shop with enough room I am going to get a pipe bender... I would love to fab up custom exhaust like that...

Gotta say...that engine looks pretty darn cool....

All it needs is an IP gear cover 'smiley face' embossed plate...

Or maybe the red-headed woodpecker clamping down on a cigar...?

Hope you have enough front suspension spring for all of that engine...

Last edited:

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can I ask where you got the headers..? Look pretty zoomie...

If I ever have a shop with enough room I am going to get a pipe bender... I would love to fab up custom exhaust like that...

Gotta say...that engine looks pretty darn cool....

All it needs is an IP gear cover 'smiley face' embossed plate...

Or maybe the red-headed woodpecker clamping down on a cigar...?

Hope you have enough front suspension spring for all of that engine...
Custom headers/zoomies, flanges are from R&D, piping was made for a 460 and then tweaked. The IP cover is going to be a breather just didn’t weld it yet. I measured the suspension pockets and all and it has Chevy truck springs.

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you thought about having a 'Brand' symbol.? You know....some kind of spiffy 'Hacked89' brand recognition trademarked logo..?

With all of the nifty stuff you do...it just seems fitting to have some kind of unique symbol that will become a household brand...

Just a thought...

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you thought about having a 'Brand' symbol.? You know....some kind of spiffy 'Hacked89' brand recognition trademarked logo..?

With all of the nifty stuff you do...it just seems fitting to have some kind of unique symbol that will become a household brand...

Just a thought...
I have a company I created for online retail of niche / speciality parts but I haven’t deployed it, yet atleast. From my assessments the level of custom parts is cool and interesting to (most) folks but the ones that would actually invest and purchase is relatively small. I prototype quite a bit. I’m not interested in reselling ebay and cheap Chinese parts. Talk is cheap though and I respect the people making a living doing that. Action speaks.

To share a few things:

1. That engine is designed to run pedal to the floor all day, it has a 3k governor spring that Justin put in.

2. I’ve experimented on various CDR setups over the years and the latest version is going to be a custom IP cover out of 304ss. See pic below.

3. All my engines I replace the injection lines. Have a supplier and can meet to exceed the quality out there and could probably sell them for 30% cheaper than what’s available. Although OEM is great and there’s no shortage. Similar considerations to my other points.

4. China quality is equal to the specs and quality control you hold them to. They will produce to whatever quality you want to pay them. Mostly American greed driving highest profit margins and low quality products. I have a Chinese partner factory that I can make my own intake valley pans including supplying the grommets which other companies no longer do. Price wise, it would be a bit less than PAI. How many valley pans are really moving for sales and how many in the future? It’s debatable. I know other like minded people to me are going to find a way for IDIs to survive as long as they can. The next biggest leap for the IDI platform IMO is going to be in the area of fueling.

5. I have prototype designs for an all mechanical lift pump that uses a replacement crank pulley and a small supercharger belt that could fuel any size IP. It would be cost prohibitive to almost everyone and honestly doesn’t really make sense when electric pumps do fine for a lot less.

6. The headers/zoomies on that engine are the first I’m aware of to that quality and design. I could sell more but whose the market?

If anything, I’ll keep pushing the edge and if it helps overall development to the necessities, then great. IE - like the injection lines, valley pan and CDR example

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a company I created for online retail of niche / speciality parts but I haven’t deployed it, yet atleast. From my assessments the level of custom parts is cool and interesting to (most) folks but the ones that would actually invest and purchase is relatively small. I prototype quite a bit. I’m not interested in reselling ebay and cheap Chinese parts. Talk is cheap though and I respect the people making a living doing that. Action speaks.

To share a few things:

1. That engine is designed to run pedal to the floor all day, it has a 3k governor spring that Justin put in.

2. I’ve experimented on various CDR setups over the years and the latest version is going to be a custom IP cover out of 304ss. See pic below.

3. All my engines I replace the injection lines. I have a supplier and can meet to exceed the best quality out there and could probably sell them for 30% cheaper than what’s available.

4. China quality is equal to the specs and quality control you hold them to. They will produce to whatever quality you want to pay them. Mostly American greed driving highest profit margins and low quality products. I have a Chinese partner factory that I can make my own intake valley pans including supplying the grommets which other companies no longer do. Price wise, it would be a bit less than PAI. How many valley pans are really moving for sales and how many in the future? It’s debatable. I know other like minded people to me are going to find a way for IDIs to survive as long as they can. The next biggest leap for the IDI platform IMO is going to be in the area of fueling.

5. I have prototype designs for an all mechanical lift pump that uses a replacement crank pulley and a small supercharger belt that could fuel any size IP. It would be cost prohibitive to almost everyone and honestly doesn’t really make sense when electric pumps do fine for a lot less.

6. The headers/zoomies on that engine are the first I’m aware of to that quality and design. I could sell more but whose the market?

If anything, I’ll keep pushing the edge and it helps overall development to the necessities. IE - like the injection lines, valley pan and CDR example

That's awesome. I'm certainly not on that level by any means, but I do a bunch of really innovative small scale farm stuff and the handful of people that actually know me are like "dude, you should be doing this and this and this......" And I'm like, "why, we're Americans.......who really wants to put this much energy into living......" Certainly not the people who want me to "market myself".

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am am interested to see your CDR design and how well it works. I need to figure out something for mine. I get a lot of oil build up in my intercooler that I really dont want in there and am looking for a good solution to it.

Can you get a better picture of your intake? It looks interesting.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am am interested to see your CDR design and how well it works. I need to figure out something for mine. I get a lot of oil build up in my intercooler that I really dont want in there and am looking for a good solution to it.

Im really just going to the tried and true way that others have done, nothing particularly new. I’ve tried different things, and I’m thinking a single larger line off the ip cover may be preferable. Intake was made by Brian I can get closer pics.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Here you go, was working on the throttle bracket and cable.

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im really just going to the tried and true way that others have done, nothing particularly new. I’ve tried different things, and I’m thinking a single larger line off the ip cover may be preferable. Intake was made by Brian I can get closer pics.
Brian as in @IDIoit? Thats neat how it is two completely separate pieces. I assume that came out of his twin turbo setup.

Running one big line out of the IP cover would you then go to a catch can? or in this case are you running a road draft tube? not sure on the rules for the car.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Figured out a hack to get around the forum issue with image resizing newer phones. Just take the pic and then screenshot it and upload the screenshot because it’s lower res.

Rear end is done and sorted now. Ford 9”, 31 spline axles, big bearing, Torino closed retainers, full spool and 4.56 gears. Next up today is figuring out the driveshaft to connect the IDI > C6 > Ford 9”. Famous last words but I don’t foresee major issues with that. I also have to find a model this week to order new drums because my old drums were 5x5 and I have the new axles at 5x4.5.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what brand of axles are those?
Im not certain. I needed a crash course in ford 9s and I ended up connecting with a guy named Hubert on eBay. He’s 71 years old and has been putting together custom length, combination axle requests for many years. Knows ford 9s inside and out. Spoke with him over two days and got a decent handle on understanding the ins and outs of different components. The steel is 4140 chromemoly. The sticker may be his own. His last name I think was Cravor and his business is a play on that called Clevor Racing. That could be a C and backwards R.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
The sticker may be his own. His last name I think was Cravor and his business is a play on that called Clevor Racing. That could be a C and backwards R.
Cool. I was just curious. I'm no expert on 9" rear ends, but that sure didn't look like any company that I'd heard of before.

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not certain. I needed a crash course in ford 9s and I ended up connecting with a guy named Hubert on eBay. He’s 71 years old and has been putting together custom length, combination axle requests for many years. Knows ford 9s inside and out. Spoke with him over two days and got a decent handle on understanding the ins and outs of different components. The steel is 4140 chromemoly. The sticker may be his own. His last name I think was Cravor and his business is a play on that called Clevor Racing. That could be a C and backwards R.

Glad you found someone that was able to aid you in finding 31 spline axles.