Pre Rally get ready thread

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
My 86 is now a driving truck! Now all 3 girls are ready for action!

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
What happened ron

IC is heat soaking the radiator. Hit 225 today bob tailing Goldie in 90 degree heat. Not doing another memorial day trip watching the water temp gauge.

I really need to know what Heath is dealing with tho.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
What IC did you have on Goldie? Perhaps your cooling system is in need of a refresh.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
What IC did you have on Goldie? Perhaps your cooling system is in need of a refresh.
I'm running one off a 99 powerstroke with 3" plumbing.
The cooling system has roughly 70k on it.
Radiator is showing the start of solder bloom so it's the weak link right now.
I had to concede to defeat this round. Will more than likely leave that setup for my plow truck. A turbocharged IC equipped 3/4 ton regular cab truck should really make an interesting combo. :D

smokinpipes

Navistar Nut
Reaction score
Got the old girl washed, and I wish I had time to give her a wax job; but alas I do not.

Replaced the front driving lamps to "hide" the deer damage; checked the fuel, filled the oil...
Next up: load up!

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Took the front bearings apart for a re greasing and bent the cage on the right inner bearing.-cuss Lucky I have a great sister stepping up and delivering parts support.:angel: Aired the rear bags to 50psi, electricals check, fluids, down 1 quart engine oil in 3500 miles, with a known leak, will do oil change after the rally. Wrapping up tools and leaving to get the kids this afternoon. Hooking up trailer and jetting by 5:30 ish Eastern time. I am so ready!!:D

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
me and mathiass will be cruising slowly john, seeing if yall catch up. i spoke with jason last night about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel

Members online