Pre Rally get ready thread

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I still have a laundry list of things to do so I figured I'd make a thead to cover them. First thing, got some new tires and polished up some rims I had laying around. I had mis matched 235/85's and ditched them for 285/75-16" Cooper Discoverers. I had 2 Coopers with about 1000 miles on them and had to buy 2 at my local tire shop. The weren't exact matches but good enough. Got a Mothers power ball and some polish for the rims. Now I want to do the tool box, headache rack and diamond plate bed rails.LOL:eek: I also replaced my w/s wiper motor and stripped out the left side wiper arm and broke the washer nozzle. Looks like a junk yard run this week.;Sweet

Attachments

• new tires.jpg
    new tires.jpg
    410.7 KB · Views: 12
  • new tires 2.jpg
    new tires 2.jpg
    407.3 KB · Views: 13
  • new tires 3.jpg
    new tires 3.jpg
    452.5 KB · Views: 11
  • new tires 4.jpg
    new tires 4.jpg
    414.4 KB · Views: 10
  • truck rims.jpg
    truck rims.jpg
    484.4 KB · Views: 10

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This are buzzing in the Moose Valley as the Moose Fleet gets ready for departure. Last Weekend, the Moose Truck recieved new IFS Pivot Bushings and an oil change (800 miles on the year old oil... OOooooohhh LOL). I still have some optional things to do to it, but not sure if they will get done or not. The Night Moose got an oil change and new drivers side mirror. It will get inspected next week (it's illegal at the moment). The Scarlet Moose is in the process of becoming the Iron Moose. Graham is giving it a complete re-do. It will get new tires, a new exhaust (dual 5" chrome stacks) and a complete paint job. The goal is to pay tribute to the Iron Man comic book character, and he hopes to have a hood scope with illuminated "Arc Reactor" in it. It has already recieved a completely rebuilt 10.25 rear with 3.55 gears (up from 4.10's and with a huge MPG improvement), and rebuilt Twin I-Beam suspension with new King Pins. We also replaced the front crankshaft seal, and the power steering pump, and the truck now seems to be leak-free. There is about $2000 being invested in this one truck with the paint, exhaust and tires. The Lady Moose is not in need of much right now, so I am hoping to get the front air-dam cleaned up and re-installed.

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
I'm finally in the reassembly mode with my truck....paint is done... i still have to reassemble 90% of the interior....fix the a/c....go through the brakes...and readjust the kickdown and the vaccum gizmo on the IP for the C6.

i got a junk yard run coming. gonna try and find a rear bumper and some interior pieces and some power lock actuators

and and since grahams is doing iron man..... we cant leave out the punisher....hahaha

You must be registered for see images attach

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
I gotta start the paint job on the dually after I get a powerstroke out of my yard that showed up this morning plus get the trim finished on dads truck.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
For Big Ed,..I just pulled it out of the shop last week, and it it is running and driving SWEET! (gosh I miss driving that thing) Really nothing that I need to do to it to get ready for the rally, Just check fluids, get it cleaned up, minor things like that. I am getting a new to me set of 315-17 BFG's installed this week, the rear diff is leaking a little, and the Air Compressor for the air horns are not working prolly work on that.

Then just get the 5ver ready to go. got it moved out of storage yesterday.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
Be brave Ron, the computer tech guy did a good job. You can top it. I have faith... Or I have to poo. Not sure what to call it.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm close to critical at this point. I've got........... got to road test the freshly rebuilt 6.9 and break the thing in before I haul the 5'er all the way to Michigan. Plus, the camper needs some new tires and a few other odds and ends. My partner is out for the month (or so he thinks) with cataract surgery. He's going to have to get back to work sooner than July. I've got to get this stuff done before we leave the morning of the 29th. All work and no IDI rally prep time makes Heath a nervous boy.

Heath

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Dropped the rig off to my tranny guy this afternoon. To the rally and back without 3rd gear will be all but impossible.:puke:Hopefully all will be good and it will be close to the estimate he gave me. :angel:

Heath, you better do some serious driving, I am up to about 7500 miles and don't think my break in is complete as of yet. Good luck bro, these two crew cabs need to make a presence this year no matter what.;Sweet

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
dually is pretty much ready other than a quick lubing before entry.

crawler is presentable. we will leave it at that.

trailer gets new tires tomorrow, already greased that up so should be good to roll.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i am about half way through my water injection install, i should have been easily done this past weekend but i unexpectantly had to work the weekend and got a stomach bug. its hard loosing a weekend when i only have two more to go now before the rally.

i really wanted to pull my bed, replace it with a better one i have and sandblast and clean up the frame some but i dont see that happening. i think it will just be a washing checking of fluids and my best Gary impersonation with spare parts behind my rear seat.