Power stroke fuel tank

NTOLERANCE

I'm the cotton swab
Reaction score
Anyone used one on an idi?

I'm looking at a van power stroke tank this week. Has pump and sender. It's a 35 gall tank which would increase my fuel capacity by 50 %

Thinking about getting rid of the fsv and such. Run this ps tank and use my other two tanks for WMO and an on board filtration and pumping them into this new tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
IDIoit,

This is in his flying toaster (E-350). All bets seem to be off on the vans. Vans have always been the "red-headed step child" for Ford. Always behind on updates, and at times seem to be, just make it work. Don't get me wrong, I love the E-Series vans, we've has one of each body style and put almost 500,000 on that platform. But when you really dig into them, they aren't really a truck, but not a station wagon either. I think Ford has made a HUGE mistake with that EWE-GLY Transit thing they are trying to pawn off as a van....

Wait till you really dig into your 98, you will see what I mean.... kinda like my Excursion is a 3/4 ton short bed.... but not really.... not everything will swap back and forth......

N - It may work in the midship position, that is where they are on the 92+ vans. I've heard the frame is the same from 73 on, so that may help on mounts.....

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oops! my brain always defaults back to trucks.
i havnt dug into my E350 at all!
ive been collecting parts, thats it.
its going to need alot of work tho. ill get into that on the PSD side of the house when i start working on it.
i apologize!

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Ford has made a HUGE mistake with that EWE-GLY Transit thing they are trying to pawn off as a van....
I had a similar reaction when Dodge ditched their B-series vans and replaced them with Sprinters, but I'll say this about the Sprinters...the engines are smaller, but they put out good power for their size. I'm not sure how towing a 6,000 lb trailer would be with a Sprinter, but for hauling people and luggage, they're easily on par with the E-series 5.4L's for power, and get considerably better fuel mileage (low 20's vs 10). The Sprinters are also considerably more spacious inside, and turn on a dime compared to the E-series.

I'm using the Dodge/M-B Sprinter as my comparison basis because IIRC the new Transit vans are similar in dimensions and performance to the Sprinter, and I've had a fair amount of experience with the Sprinters (we have two of them at work). I'll say this, though, as far as looks go...the Sprinter and the Transit look FAR better than the Fiat vans Dodge is using now :puke:

N - It may work in the midship position, that is where they are on the 92+ vans. I've heard the frame is the same from 73 on, so that may help on mounts.....
I haven't been able to directly compare the early vans to the later vans, but I suspect you're right on that ;Sweet

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Not positive, but when he said "has pump and sender" I'm thinking he means frame rail pump like the sd Era trucks. Not in - tank pump per say.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk