Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

My BIG CB....300 watts of "can ya hear my good buddy?"

Of course, the Dana 60 front end swap.

Holes cut in front bumper and driving lights installed....BRIGHT driving lights!

Headlight relay mod.

I have som many things I "changed" or eliminated due to it either not working, or not working efficiently.

huse

Reaction score
Nice! installed headlight relays a while back, helps alot.

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score

Last edited:

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
The first pic is older but I still have all the lights. Aside from the headlights, I only have 4 incandescent bulbs on the outside of my truck, everything else is LED.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i put led neons under the dash
running lights under the runnign boards
spot lights for backuplights on the headache rack
a cb cobra 29 nhst
im putting the offroad lights back on the bumper when the new one is finshed
and some gauges
but i got more plans

7.3shrk

Stupid question, BUT where do you get the running light lenses? I have lights under the tailgate of mine, but the lenses are busted off.

Thanks

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I'm going to run two in my grille, abd might mount two underneath the bumper. Now should I do HID's.....?

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to run two in my grille, abd might mount two underneath the bumper. Now should I do HID's.....?

HIDs are illegal iirc if not intended for your lense, mainly due to the fact that they don't refract properly or some such stuff.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HIDs are illegal iirc if not intended for your lense, mainly due to the fact that they don't refract properly or some such stuff.
What he said. I don't know if a genuine/legal HID setup exists that'll replace a sealed-beam headlight, but my guess is that, given how much longer a true HID setup needs to be, it doesn't.

I know this has been posted many time sbefore (more than once by me), but if you care at all about safety and the people you're sharing the road with, PLEASE read this!!

As far as sealed-beam replacements are concerned, I'm a big fan of the Euro E-code replacements...you get a better light pattern and can run over-wattage bulbs if your wiring can handle it (i.e. if you've done the relay mod). I don't know how well the OBS projection-style lights work, but they may put out light more efficiently and at a better pattern than the OEM style? Like I said, I'm not sure...and, unfortunately, there's pretty much nothing you can do with a brick nose.

As to the original question, I haven't done much...yet :sly About the only lighting mod I've done is to add lights to my lumber rack. I eventually want to relay everything, go all LED (except the headlights, of course), and maybe add some flood lights for the rear/sides (for off-roading, the ability to illuminate the area behind the truck for hooking a trailer up at night, etc)...this is the only halfway-decent pic I can find of the truck with the running lights on, and this is from 2005...

Attachments

• IM000419.JPG
    IM000419.JPG
    924.3 KB · Views: 6