possible injector upgrades

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
What would cost be with a used set of injectors

X2 i have an old set of 7 BBs)the eighth one decided it didnt want to come ot of the head and i had to "coax" it out :sly) that came out of my truck that i might be interested in having done

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
Mt. Airy, huh?
Sounds like you should host a demonsatration at the Jimmy Cone. You could probably expect a dozen or so visitors during the summer when the JC os open. We could also come to your house/ shop, and help you drink your beer..... a mini IDI rally!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well if you can make them for $500 that would be good. That's half the price of mine, and would probably make them available to a wider audience.

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i got them back together last noght but idk when my gauge is going to come in for my tester if its not here tomorow then i think iam just gona throw them in my truck and see what happens and when i get the tester then ill test them, but as far as the need for them the pumps can flow more than enough fuel to the injector but can the injector flow what the pump provides? probly not so then you have a stock pump in my eyes iam shure it does help to have a moose pump but it could be a even greater increase with high flowing injectors ie-MM's.

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and the price is still unknow because they are something that hasent even been tested yet for all i know it could be a complete failure or they could be perfect we just wont know till i try, also the 20% increase i did might not be enough to notice (by just driving) seeing how much more they smoke/egts/boost pressure is a good point to start, and if the 20% is good personaly iam going to c how much they can go while still being drive able so sence iam still in testing i dont want to get hopes up but i thought 500 is a good round starting point though that could increase or decrease depending on what happens (more fuel flow= higher cost) but well c

WrickM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so the cost isn't dependent on how much it costs for you to make them, but rather on how well they perform? i mean as i read it you just said the better they perform the more your going to jack up the price for the same machining process. Hey market sets the price and i am not saying you can't charge whatever you like, but might not want to say that out loud lol

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
If it was me going to do this i would just charge what it costed for machining and fixing the old injectors then i might make 20-30 dollars off of a set in my pocket, but im always trying to be real nice to people but im just that way:dunno

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WELL I UNDERSTAND WHARE YOUR COMING FROM BUT IT TAKES MORE TIME AND MONEY OF MINE TO MAKE THEM FLOW MORE EX- SAY IT COSTS $100 FOR 20% INCREASE THAT MEANS IT WOULD COST MORE FOR A LARGER INCREASE SAY 25% MIGHT BE 10 EXTRA $s AND THIS IS BECAUSE THE AFM MATERIAL ISNT VERRY CHEAP SO THATS JUST THE WAY IT IS IAM NOT TRYING TO RIP PEOPLE OFF HERE THATS WHAT EVERYONE NEEDS TO UNDERSTAND, ITS NOT CHEAP TO BEGIN WITH

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and i would just like to say that i never really intended to like mass produce this or what ever you wana call it, i just took someting i wanted my truck to have and see if i could make it happen rather than reling on other people to make it for me, so thats why i started this thread, alot of people ask questions about injector upgrades with the normal get a set of BBs well that only does so much and now their are mels MM's i was just trying to help people on their quest for more power with something i always wanted so maby ill just keep this whole thing whare it started and not offer something i have made.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dude-
don't let the cynics get you down. more than one person has been duped by claimed better injectors in the past. doing anything to these motors is going to cost money. if you can build a better product, do it and they will come.
best proof is if you can compare the spray pattern, pop pressure, and most importantly fuel volume between the stock vs. modded unit, that will be the seller.;Sweet
if nothing else, for your own satisfaction is good enough.
thanks for being willing to push the envelope.;Sweet

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Im in no way trying to shoot down your product, if i can see its worth it then i woudl buy it, but i couldnt see paying 500 dollars for injectors if there not worth 500 dollars, and does it take 500 dollars worth of that material to bore the holes out on old used injectors? cause its just about 300 for new injectors and a return kit. im just trying to figue out how we get 500 dollars from that, now if it does take 500 dollars and the injectors really make a difference then i would be willing to pay it sooner or later

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dude-
don't let the cynics get you down. more than one person has been duped by claimed better injectors in the past. doing anything to these motors is going to cost money. if you can build a better product, do it and they will come.
best proof is if you can compare the spray pattern, pop pressure, and most importantly fuel volume between the stock vs. modded unit, that will be the seller.;Sweet
if nothing else, for your own satisfaction is good enough.
thanks for being willing to push the envelope.;Sweet

thanks for the support! ;Sweet

fordpower21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah but if the guys puttin all this time into this y shouldnt he make a lil bit of money off it ya know its like anything with performance it might not cost that much more to make but if it makes any more of a difference you can bet the price will be alot higher just sayin

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im in no way trying to shoot down your product, if i can see its worth it then i woudl buy it, but i couldnt see paying 500 dollars for injectors if there not worth 500 dollars, and does it take 500 dollars worth of that material to bore the holes out on old used injectors? cause its just about 300 for new injectors and a return kit. im just trying to figue out how we get 500 dollars from that, now if it does take 500 dollars and the injectors really make a difference then i would be willing to pay it sooner or later

the material is quite expensive not $500 but i have time and bills to pay4 not that this is the only way to pay for the macine or anything but it wasnt cheap exc exc but i said 500 in the first place just cuz it was a round number in my opinion now i have to sit down and do the math to find out what i would really cost cuz i would rather say something looks like its gona cost 500 and then figure my costs and it ends up being only 250, as it looks right now if you gave me a used set i could do it for about $40 per injector without pop testing exc, but thats not for shure ill go in more depth as i find how they work;Sweet my goal really is to keep the price down but sometimes u just cant so well c wish me luck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online