Pondering at work ?

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
I was curious if anyone has changed there dome light to something better. Just bored at work at was wondering :) thanks

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
i added to mine. i removed the factory ford rearveiw mirror, and installed a mirror from a 2000 trans am. wired it in to the factory light. now when i open the doors, i get a lit up dash area also. works great.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
find a windstar, newer mustang (sn-95 body) or explorer if u have an ext cab and swap the light over...goes rght in (may need to run a wire for the map lights if ur truck doesnt have em). they even come in diff colors (black, tan, gray, green).

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
i added to mine. i removed the factory ford rearveiw mirror, and installed a mirror from a 2000 trans am. wired it in to the factory light. now when i open the doors, i get a lit up dash area also. works great.

I did that mod in my gasser but the Florida heat made it rip the mount right off of the windshield. You haven't had issues? FYI, those lights came in ALOT of GM vehicles so if you plan on this swap look in multiple vehicles. The one I have came out of a Pontiac Sunfire. It's a great mod and adds some good light to the dash area and it's not hard to wire up, Mine's wired into my dome light.

find a windstar, newer mustang (sn-95 body) or explorer if u have an ext cab and swap the light over...goes rght in (may need to run a wire for the map lights if ur truck doesnt have em). they even come in diff colors (black, tan, gray, green).

What he said.....Great mod. IIRC it's pretty much an even swap.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

BTW, need to remove the tab on the bottom for it to sit flush. i did both my trucks, my dads 95 F-150 and gals 04 Ranger...

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
96 and newer F-series, broncos, taurus, ranger, and i am sure other FORDS come from the factory with the light Optikalillushun shows. It is a direct bolt in and the light output is fenominal compared to the original one. I did the mod in my 86 and have one to go into my 94

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
well thank you to all! i will have to search for one of these when im at the pick and pull next go around..thanks guys!

Pearl_Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have an 87-91 series, I just took the plastic bulb cover off, and it's brighter than hell in the truck now.

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
If you have an 87-91 series, I just took the plastic bulb cover off, and it's brighter than hell in the truck now.

I did the same thing (actually it fell off and a friend stepped on it :backoff) but it just looks goofy and i wanted something a little more...complete lol :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZTSpridgen

Staff online

Members online