Pissed, and need some advice.

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
Well, I got in contact with Frank, and he of course made it right.

SO according to him, NONE of the pumps were ever new, they were rebuilds that were never run. It was a communication/listing error. He then tracked down another pump, and had it shipped to me. It's a Stanadyne rebuild, identical to the one vegas30 got. Including the fact that it is not drilled for the VRV pin. However it looks really good, and the tag says it has a 3k gov spring.

THEN, then he refunded me 1/2 of what I payed: "because the item was not as listed." So, I think I ended up coming out on top.

ALWAYS be nice, no matter how pissed you are. Catch more flies with honey and all that. And U-Haul WILL take very good care of you. It just might take some time sometimes.

glad it had a decent outcome

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had no worries he'd take care of you. Sounds like he did that and more.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thanks for the positive updates on this. Many of us felt you would be more than taken care of. Glad your hpaay now with a pump. When I posted this ebay link I really felt this was an actual new and not rebuilt pump. Sory this when the way it did but glad you got something for the trouble caused by a bad listing and horrible packaging.

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the positive updates on this. Many of us felt you would be more than taken care of. Glad your hpaay now with a pump. When I posted this ebay link I really felt this was an actual new and not rebuilt pump. Sory this when the way it did but glad you got something for the trouble caused by a bad listing and horrible packaging.

I would swear this pump is new. If Stanadyne rebuilt it, then they must have gone beyond a normal rebuild. The throttle lever is brand new. There is also nothing on the pump tag that indicates rebuild, I would think Stanadyne would at least make mention of that.

Last edited: