Pick-N-Pull in Nor-Cal

85ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be going to all 3 pick-n-pull locations around my area looking for some little parts for my truck. I would be more then willing to look for things there for other members on the board. But please understand that if you tell me the wrong part and I get what you told me it's on you. There are normally a few IDI trucks there and there are tons of non IDI trucks that have killer interiors and good trim peices. I would prefer to stay away from getting really large parts for now, like whole engines and axles, Trannys and Tcases would be ok. 99% of electrical parts I get from pick-n-pull around here are in awesome shape, espically wiring. Anything you guys need just post it up here and you will pay what I pay,as in I am not making any money on this just trying to help pleople out who have parts they can't find or when they do they are all rusted out. Buyer pays shipping. Please be sure to post year range of part, color if it appiles, and if you don't want to pay over a certain price post it up also.

Last edited:

jperecko

Diesel Ape
Reaction score
If you happen to come across a Taurus with a V6 and the 3-prong cooling fan, I could use the engine side of the connector/pigtail... 2 or 3 of them actually but do not go through any trouble for me. The dealer wanted over 60 for them each and I have just been too lazy to go to my local place for some small stuff like that.

jperecko

Diesel Ape
Reaction score
looks like 88-95... needs to be the 3.8L V6

but like I said... no biggie and if you wanna stay in the truck section... do not worry about making a special trip for me.

I have the fans and I can get a shot of the opposite end of the plug for reference when I get home from work/school.

When you get a price list... if it is over $10 a pop don't bother. Thanks man

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
Grab all the early tachs (diesel only, duh) and flexible circuit boards for them that you can find. There are lots here that want them. I've tapped out No. Nevada.

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Tachs. I'll take a factory tach for a 1991 e350 7.3. Good luck in finding one :rotflmao

jperecko

Diesel Ape
Reaction score
Grab all the early tachs (diesel only, duh) and flexible circuit boards for them that you can find. There are lots here that want them. I've tapped out No. Nevada.

I think I have that from mine... it is just the stuff behind the cluster, right? Won't be using it... if somebody want it...lemme know.

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
Speaking of Tachs. I'll take a factory tach for a 1991 e350 7.3. Good luck in finding one :rotflmao

It's the same as for the trucks isn't it? I've passed by quite a few of them, no one ever needs them, just the early style. I can check the yards up here if it'll work.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Gen,

No it is not..... the body style van that compudoc has is similar to the 73-79 trucks. So those year trucks are out........ I don't think that dash style was ever offered with a tach....... If you are not familar with that dash, they have 3 square compartments... The left compartment has the oil pressure guage in the top, left turn signal indicator in the center and the fuel guage in the bottom, the center section is the speedo and odometer, and teh right section is the ammeter in the top, right turn signal indicator in the middle, and the coolant temp in the bottom......

This was the dash style for the 73-79 trucks and the 73-91 Vans...... They did not change much in the vans over those 20 years..... just the grill and some other cosmetic changes...... we had an 85 and it still had the old style glass fuses in it.......

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
I'll check my friends (yes I have one:backoff) '88 E350 and see what it would take to fit one. If I can make a Ford tach look stock in my Chevy dash, anything is possible!:thumbsup:

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
91 Ford E350 dash gauges are as follows:

Left hand side is top gauge is oil pressure.
Middle is turn signal light
Bottom is fuel gauge

Center is speedometer and not even a trip Odometer

Right is amp meter
Center is right turn signal light
bottom is water temperature.

Now I want to keep my dash just the way it is and add a factory tach. So it basically can't be done.

jperecko

Diesel Ape
Reaction score
Here are some shots of the fan-side of the connector... I need the other side of this connecter (several of them... up to 3) and around a foot of pigtail if you can manage. It should be something like a cup that receives this plug and has 3 prongs on the inside. Thanks and no sweat if you get busy with other stuff... I know I get easily distracted at junkyards.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

85ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok well I have every thing written down and saved on my computer. Keep adding stuff and I'll do my best to find it. And if you can get a pic of the fan plug you need jperecko, I could be sure to get the right one. How many you want? And at the pick-n-pulls around here they are not seperated by truck and car they are seperated by domestic and import and they are right across the street from one another so it's no big deal to get parts from both in one day.