pic of a super charged 7.3 idi that's pulling

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, some heat is generated with a supercharger, and they certainly have their parasitic loss (14-71 top fuel superchargers take 500 horsepower to turn them at speed), but you are also not introducing any of the exhaust heat, and the cleanliness of the installation is very cool.

I have had multiple supercharged and turbocharged gassers, and I have to say that the torque and simplicity of a supercharger is nice for towing in an idi.

One things for sure: we need more details!

429idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you aren't running a lot of boost pressure they aren't too bad for head/parasitic loss. An m90 at 5 psi at it's max speed only draws 28hp, and the outlet temperature is 120F. At 10psi it's 44hp and 190F.

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you really should take some time and watch his follow up to the build.
it's an eye opener...keep in mind this is gasser tech.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCocbmg34mQ&feature=related

i seen it. one car that i have always wanted was a 3000gt VR4, and a a few years ago i received one at a price i couldn't refuse. i rebuild the engine and its sitting in my garage until i build the headers so i can install a set of TD05H turbos on it.
i figured id post up that video due to having 2 turbos and supercharger. but i would say the tech of them working together would be about the same from gasser to diesel.

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems like the super charger setup would be a better setup for most of you guys for low end power. This guys video is very detailed and has much info. If I had the money I would put a vortech style super charger on my truck and get rid of the turbo. I am going to look into this next spring.

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems like the super charger setup would be a better setup for most of you guys for low end power. This guys video is very detailed and has much info. If I had the money I would put a vortech style super charger on my truck and get rid of the turbo. I am going to look into this next spring.

video? post it

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did someone say bigger SC for the IDI? Kinda like this....

You must be registered for see images
this one is old news.
it is nothing more than gingerbreading.
if it was truly functional, they would have blown out the CDR a long time ago since they didn't bother moving it from the stock location.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wheelsrollin

Members online