It's back, idi with a blower.

Pipeliner_86

IDI up high
Reaction score
Remember that truck that was on ebay a while back? The idi with a 671 blower on it, but never had under the hood pics to prove it. I sent the seller a message asking for pics of the engine, showing the blower and how it was bolted on. I actually looks legit. Check it out. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1986...6QQihZ012QQcategoryZ39415QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Look closely at the firt pictures taken...the view of the blower with the hood closed, looking at it from the passenger side of the truck. There are chrome fuel lines attached where the carbs would mount on top the blower. Then look at the picture with the same view, but with the hood up, the chrome lines are gone.....***.

Last edited:

tractorman86

Reaction score
well its legit! ;Sweet i just wander what kinda # you can get out of it an where to get that nifty little intake hat. :Sly

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Pipeliner_86 said:
Look closely at the firt pictures taken...the view of the blower with the hood closed, looking at it from the passenger side of the truck. There are chrome fuel lines attached where the carbs would mount on top the blower. Then look at the picture with the same view, but with the hood up, the chrome lines are gone.....***.

Saw that too. cookoo
Wonder if he was shooting some 'pane or NOS in there. :eek:

This truck is so flippin' awesome it was even featured in Petersen Four Wheel Drive Magazine.
Anybody catch that issue?
It might shed some light on the project.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Some of the pics show that the linkage to the butterflys are not hooked up. Maybe the builder started this from a gas motor and took some "early pics. That intake hat looks very interseting too. Looks like he used the original intake manifold and injection upmp location. So why would you need the control over the air to the blower. I thought we had air on demand anytime we wanted it. For more power we just add diesel to that air already going into the motor. Great setup anyway.... ;Sweet

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The missing line seems to eminate from the windshield cowl area, so in order to open the hood, the line would have to be removed. I'm going to guess it's a drug injection point. The butterflies might just close from their own weight, and then open when there is a vacuum on the back side. I'd like to see more of the belt arrangement, but considering the air box (which looks like the fabricator used an oil pan for the bottom) I'd have to agree it's functional. I'll give the builder credit for an original attempt! Don't know if it works worth a squat, but hey, somebody put a lot of love into it. ;Sweet

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not a really bright sort, can someone with blower experience explain to me how a CDR can function downstream of a blower pushing massive amounts of air into the intake?:confused:
honestly guys, it'd prolly be better if the seller just came foward and come clean that the darn thing is quite simply window dressing. Expensive and unique window dressing....

Attachments

• something stinks 2.JPG
    something stinks 2.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 127
  • something stinks.JPG
    something stinks.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 347

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea I saw that and meant to mention it. Based on what I remember about one of those things, the CDR will open and the blower will presurize the crankcase as well, which is why every turbo kit manufacture has to move it from the stock location upstream of the turbo.

dbarilow

over worked
Reaction score
Shouldnt the CDR be moved or plugged????
You must be registered for see images attach

Pipeliner_86

IDI up high
Reaction score
I donated my gm 671 blower to my old neigbor just before I moved two years ago.....never even dreamed of strapping it to the top of my 6.9. Oh well.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
If you guys look closely at the pic of the passenger side of the air box you will see the throttle cable AND the cruise control cable. That box really does look like an oil pan but I don't think a thin pan could handle the drive and weight of the blower. Nice work though.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
honestly guys, it'd prolly be better if the seller just came foward and come clean that the darn thing is quite simply window dressing. Expensive and unique window dressing

He actually did mention that one of the other times that he had it listed, says that it does function but is more for looks than anything, no real power gains. And I would assume that if there were ANY power gains he would be boasting about that,

Gotta say,, It looks COOL!

rubberfish

Reaction score
I don't know squat about blowers, so I can't tell
if the foofer valve is hooked up to the thing a ma jigar (sp),
but it does look cool, and I can see why it may
have been featured in the magazine.
With that thing poking out the hood,
it'd be hard "not" to try to provoke him into a race. :peelout

LUCKY_LARUE60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anyone wants to try this I have a 6-71 blower cheap. I'm serious I have the blower if someone wants to take on this project. Mel, that would look great on the Bronco.

Jim

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the invite Jim, but remember I'm the guy who likes to move the air cleaner off the engine so I can see everything better. LOL While it is cool, I don't think that kind of device is compatible with my overall goals. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFMac

Members online