Performance suggestions

86F2506.9

6.9 International
Reaction score
Ok im looking to do small upgrades to my 6.0 im saveing up for head studs at the moment and lookin to do other upgrades what do some of use suggest for cold air intake, intake hat the smaller performance

marblecrusher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know much about aftermarket stuff for the 6.0's but i know everyone here will tell you to leave your airbox stock

-Jordan-

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
I dont know much about aftermarket stuff for the 6.0's but i know everyone here will tell you to leave your airbox stock

-Jordan-

x2

Get some gauges to monitor the vitals. Engine oil and coolant should be within 15F. Its super important. Search and if you have questions just ask.

Thad

tractorman86

Reaction score
First get a 4" or bigger exhaust then delete the egr and cat if you don't have emissions constraints. Then I have heard a lot of people like S&B or afe for intakes. I personally have seen several factory air creamers leak, the media is good but the seal is a **** poor design, I am always paranoid mine is sucking dust. Then it's tuner time, I like the sct livewire for the fact that they will tune and monitor the trans unlike the edge. but if you don't get a mountable tuner get gauges like thad said

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
Jacob,

Good advice but there is NO need for a cold air intake unless you are putting out 500+hp.

The stock intakes are actually an excellent design. YOu are the first person that I have had with negative feedback....but if you have seen it then I take your word.

Thad

tractorman86

Reaction score
Yea the three trucks we bought at work all the where leaking be on the left side closest to the engine, you just gave to pay attention when you latch them, I wish they had a latch on the left side

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Zoodad mod, AFE intake, Magnaflow makes a great 4" exhaust with a muffler that doesnt sound too much off a straight pipe but it kills the drone at cruising speeds. Performance Machine and MFG EGR delete, 6.4 banjo's, and a blue FPR spring. PM me if you need any help with any of it.

SCT Tuner with custom tunes, I have a few custom tuners that ill use here at my shop. DO NOT use canned tunes, most factory tuners like SCT, Edge and the like do not tune the trans and after a while it will cause a problem.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online