Parts Transportation Network?

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
i like the idea of a dedicated forum for BOOB express and road trips. when i was on TDIclub they had a road trips forum, it was part of my regular rotation of reading.

as far as where to put it, i would say either by the lounge or by the marketplace/towing/hauling section. no reason to single out one type of truck section.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Count me in! I'm in Charleston, South Carolina and am trying to figure out how to get a hardtop for a BMW Z3 from Hagerstown, Maryland area down to Charleston. I'm willing to pay, but am deathly afraid that if UPS or any of those guys get their hands on it that I will only receive little pieces. Anyone in that area that is coming south could definitely pick up some fuel money by transporting that top in the back of their truck, van, etc. Might even be a cold beer or two involved...

I'm all for it & have already "boobed" a mercedes for PAfitit from boiling springs, SC to MD/PA line. I'm also waiting for Michael Fowler's axle to get to Lynchburg, VA so I can bring it home for him.

I'm geared more towards moving whole cars/trucks that run but big parts that can sit on or across one of my decks is doable too. Mechanoman, how big is this top? I run to Monroe, NC every week, a few times a week.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I think it's a good Idea. I usually have some extra room on the bed when traveling, and when not traveling, I'm in a great location for a relay point just off I-40 and a few miles from I-30. Pretty handy for things going east-west or varying points around.

-Robert

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Heck Im in on it, I've got an engine in IL Im trying to ship here with the BOOB Express right now. And I make frequent trips from NE to MN going through IA. And Im going to be going to school in MN, so its a safe bet I'll be doing this for a while.