One or two water filters??

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With all the talk of water in wmo lately, is anyone running two water filters??
Or is this overkill???
Or does it make a difference if a person used two water filters, with two different brand names??
I do have a CF, but use my filters as mixing type function before I CF.
Tell me what you've used or your experience.

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, water block, sorry I didn't put that on.
The house water filter I've read many do use, but only to filter wmo not to take water out.

Smoky12v

Reaction score
I dewater my wmo by blend with gas then settle for at least a week then filter through a 20 micron engine oil filter (Fram PH2825, it'll fit in place of a PH8A. I use it as it do not have a bypass valve) then centrifuge. After I centrifuged, I polish my fuel by circulating through another 20 micron filter > 5 micron whole house water filter (Cullingan) > 15 micron goldenrod water blocker (the see-through version) for a bit before I put any of the fuel in my truck. Work fine for me.

When I researched on the water blocker, I find that if I try to filter fuel with high water content, the water blocker will clog and restrict the flow quick just like if it's clogged with dirt. I have yet clog my first water blocker element..... So I think your best bet to do is blend and settle long enough (minimum of one week) then you're good to go.

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for spec on the Fram PH2825, because I use a PH8A now.(I'm gonna change that)
My filters are the PH8A, the same Goldenrod water block you have. the last filter is a 2 micron
Like this one.
You must be registered for see images attach

Then the CF.