OIL LINE

I-HFreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 1986 6.9, just recently broke an oil fitting, well it was already leaking oil, and i noticed it and me and david looked at it, after i got to school and noticed a small puddle of oil, lol. well we crawled under it and oil was on the back of the engine, i thought oh no rear main is gone-cuss, well we looked at back of engine and that fitting was alomost ready to fall off , david touched it and it busted off, he had two on there, just for extra streanth so we got it fixed, but is there any thing you can buy, to make that stronger back there? i know the nylon will evintually go bad, do they make a meatal replacement, if any body knows anything, tell me , thanks;Really

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
my 1986 6.9, just recently broke an oil fitting, well it was already leaking oil, and i noticed it and me and david looked at it, after i got to school and noticed a small puddle of oil, lol. well we crawled under it and oil was on the back of the engine, i thought oh no rear main is gone-cuss, well we looked at back of engine and that fitting was alomost ready to fall off , david touched it and it busted off, he had two on there, just for extra streanth so we got it fixed, but is there any thing you can buy, to make that stronger back there? i know the nylon will evintually go bad, do they make a meatal replacement, if any body knows anything, tell me , thanks;Really

you posted in the wrong sectionLOL

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Moderator's a little slow shifting it over to the 6.9 7.3 forum. :dunno:D

Are you talking about the "Oil sending unit"?

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Moderator's a little slow shifting it over to the 6.9 7.3 forum. :dunno:D

Are you talking about the "Oil sending unit"?

yea i had a tee in it so it would run the factory gauge and the aftermarket one, but one of the fittings crackedcookoo and was leaking oil, when i touched it it snapped so now i hooked it up to were its just the aftermarket gauge

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist