oil cooler #'s and advice

WilltheThrill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive been looking through the site and do not see the o-ring and gasket numbers. I will be pulling the cooler tomorrow any advice?

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got gaskets and orings on hand from rock auto, and they are the correct orings, not the black ones.

dont have part #s handy but someone posted them up here, felpro gaskets and victor reinz orings, WAAAYYYY cheaper than ford.

If you cant find them I will sell these sets for 20 shipped. and I am making 2 dollars, sorry.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Get the orings from IH and the gaskets from Ford, ( the IH gaskets are different for some reason) If your ford dealer won't get them for you , find a Car Quest and they will get you a set of Victor Reinz gaskets which are the same as teh factory ones.
If for some reason you get in a jam and can't find anything but felcrap gaskets, treat the things like tissue paper, because they will fall apart as easily ( don't ask me how I found this out -cuss You'd probably be better off just using locktite 518 gasket eliminator

damac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got gaskets and orings on hand from rock auto, and they are the correct orings, not the black ones.

dont have part #s handy but someone posted them up here, felpro gaskets and victor reinz orings, WAAAYYYY cheaper than ford.

If you cant find them I will sell these sets for 20 shipped. and I am making 2 dollars, sorry.

I think I have to replace one, I am getting a mixture again and when I had the bundle under the trucks hitch with a jack, the cap shot off to the side so I probably pinched it :(

Just to clarify, does the victor kit come complete with all 4 orings with the part number, or do you need to order 2? Rockautos picture shows 4 orings and for the price they are asking I am kind of baffled they could be that cheap for 4 big ones :)

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They come with the whole kit, and yea they are cheap, the price actually went down some more, they are good orings and the new felpro gaskets are not like the crappy old ones.,
Also 518 wont work there, too much flex. Tried it once. Results werent good.

WilltheThrill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1 hour and about 7 hand washing sessions and the cooler is out. the water jackets are filled with build up.................. I like mechanic work but hate being dirty...lol.. a smarter man would get gloves, but that seems like such a waste at the same time.