Radiator heater hose, e4od preheater? (also: cooler lines)

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I have this figured out but double checking by asking. I haven't messed with these hoses yet but this looks to be what I'm seeing. E4OD equipped radiators have an extra heater hose connector, so it seems. The smaller ones all look to be transmission cooler lines going around to/from the transmission and the radiator+aux coolers.

Looks like it'll be easy to bypass the entire rear heater system while keeping that tee and preheater highlighted in green:

and i misspoke when i said to trans/from cooler. odds are it's plumbed to radiator first then aux cooler... although I have not crawled under to check yet.

You must be registered for see images attach

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Ok what on earth is going on here? I didn't look close at this picture I took, until after I took a shower, so I'm not gonna crawl under to see right now... but what the heck is going on with those cooler lines? The hot side is coming out and going somewhere mysterious towards the rear and then coming back. Sorry about the crap Photoshop, it was done on my phone.

What got me looking was this rotten hose end up front, where it's clamped on the AC condenser that someone reused for the transmission cooler:

I started looking around and realized the hard line ends are in the worst place for clamps, under the oil pan side. I'm by someone screwed around with the lines and ended up placing the ends in there. Two different clamp types, one spring compression type and one worn gear.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Beats me what it could be. I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures when you crawl back under there again.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Beats me what it could be. I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures when you crawl back under there again.

It was killing me not knowing, so I laid down in my old jacket, on the outside rug by the door and stuck my camera under in video mode with the flash on.

Screenshot from the video. That explains it. Heck knows what filter that is/thread size, unless it'll clean up and have a number on it.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
I dug this up transmission filter. $11 filter from Walmart, free shipping on $35+ and 90 day returns in store (if it's wrong)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online

No members online now.