Oil coming out of manifold

anthonypo5653

Reaction score
Alright been battling my truck the past few months got a used engine to put in it and no oil pressure what so ever. oil comes out of the passenger side manifold, and shoots a little white smoke that has a sour smell I am completely stumped over all this help please.

Halfpint

Reaction score
No oil pressure? are you relying on the factory gauge or have you tried plugging in a good graduated gauge at the sender location? Oil comes out the manifold? like pumping out the exhaust manifold? Is the engine a junk yard rehab? stored on its side for years? did you fire it up for just seconds not burning off any fuel or oil sitting in the cyls for months or years, or has it run for minutes+++ and still is pumping oil out the manifold. Any known history on the used engine?

anthonypo5653

Reaction score
bought the engine of a guy said it ran when he pulled it with no issues. I hooked up a aftermarket mechanical oil gauge jumped to 10 psi for a second and then never came back up from 0. I let it run for 10 mins to see if the rings and all that were just settling back in and still has oil coming out the passenger side manifold. ( in 10 mins left a 12in radius puddle.) and still no oil pressure.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Not to be negative, but can you get your money back? He said it ran, but did he say that it had oil pressure?