Of Historical Significance!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have over 7000 color transparancies in my 35mm slide colection. Most of them are of trains, but on occasion I managed to turn my lense toward something more mondane. One such occasion was in June of 1983, according to the date on the slide. I happened to stumble upon this as I haphazzardly searched through my collection of "junk slides"

You must be registered for see images

It is the Moose Truck. Hours old. Having just arrived home in Moose Valley for the first time, having completed the maiden run from Stoner-Wade Ford in Quarryville. My faithfull companion of 17 years, Morgan Snurf Agne has come out to pose with the truck. I can still remember that new truck smell... and that's just about the finest smell in the world... except maybe for (well you Christine fans know that one). The grill is still that silvery color. By the next day, it would be black, and the first of 27 years of modifications would be accomplished.

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great shot Mel!

I've never owned a brand new vehicle, but my uncle managed to snap a photo of my Toyota pickup the day he purchased it in 1984. Not quite as cool as the Moose Truck, but similar in that he's a huge railroad ****** too, and the truck was purchased to chase locomotives over the west and photograph them.

Thanks for sharing
Ryan

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious, Mel, what do you do for film since Kodak stopped it's manufacture a few years ago ??

I read somewhere that there was only ONE concern left in the whole USA that developed photos and slides for the public, in Colorado--- ?? I think ?? .

From what I gather, YORK studios in ?? West Virginia ??, a company that was for many many years probably the biggest mail-order film developers in the world, ceased to exist several years ago.

Or is my information bogus ?? :dunno

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Brand hammer new.....A ******.:sly.....Back when they knew how to build a truck....I've alway's loved the 80-86 front clip to this day.;Sweet/....I grew up tooling around in F150's of the same vintage, damn fine work trucks capable of hauling wicked loads for a joke.:D

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Moose truck stock and brand new, hot damn! Was Morgan an Australian Shepherd or Border Collie? One of my favorite dog breeds.

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While not as cool as the Moose truck, digging through my old Photos, I came across this:
You must be registered for see images

My uncle's 82 F100, circa 84, hooked to his then brand new 21 foot Fleetwood Wilderness, which is now mine. Truck had the 80-82 only 255 V8 hooked to a C4, and the F100 with power brakes only 5x4.5 bolt pattern.... It was replaced with an 86 F150, which was then replaced with a 93(both reg cab long bed 5.0 trucks,) and then in 00, I talked him into a F350 with with a PSD, again a reg cab long bed 2wd, but, 7.3/ZF6, his first manual in a very long time...

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
Just curious, Mel, what do you do for film since Kodak stopped it's manufacture a few years ago ??

I read somewhere that there was only ONE concern left in the whole USA that developed photos and slides for the public, in Colorado--- ?? I think ?? .

From what I gather, YORK studios in ?? West Virginia ??, a company that was for many many years probably the biggest mail-order film developers in the world, ceased to exist several years ago.

Or is my information bogus ?? :dunno

I still use York

www.yorkphoto.com if you are wondering

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool that you posted that picture. It would be neat to see what other old photos other members can dig up to keep this thread going. Let's see.... Morgan - he was a toy collie beagle mix. Died in 86, and is the only life form to vomit on the floor of the Moose Truck and be ejected forthwit. Damien, I used stricktly Kodak Kodachrome and Ektachrome for decades. When I could no longer buy it or get it developed easily, I switched to digital. I believe Dwaynes Photo in Parsons Kansas was the last official Kodachrome developer, and may still be.

I guess you could say this photo of the Moose Truck is at the dawn of the Diesel pickup age, and definitely the begining for Ford. Not only was it the first diesel pickup sold by my dealer, but it was possibly the first diesel Ford in my county, and the first of what would become hundreds if not thousands in just a year or two. Sales were brisk, and this model of truck sold like hotcakes. Only GM had any on the road at this point.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sweet mel she looks good in that pic but i have to admit thats a world of difference

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Think of all the mods that hadn't been done yet: Custom extended cab, hypermax turbo, GV, Moose Pump, stacks,... I'm sure I'm leaving something out. Just a stock reg cab 83 at that point, but still an awesome looking truck!

fury9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got some old car pics in a photo album, did you take a pic of the old picture, with the digital, then upload them?